Blueiris + Dahua cams wrong timestamp

denywinarto

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've had 6 dahua cams installed,
and i recently reinstalled blueiris from scratch in a new machine.

But now the recordings seem to have wrong timestamps,
It's crucial cause i need a accurate timestamp for evidence
any idea how to fix it? i can't find time settings in blueiris

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I've had 6 dahua cams installed,
and i recently reinstalled blueiris from scratch in a new machine.

But now the recordings seem to have wrong timestamps,
It's crucial cause i need a accurate timestamp for evidence
any idea how to fix it? i can't find time settings in blueiris
are the timestamps from the cameras or are the blue iris time stamps. Blue iris gets its time from the pc.

denywinarto

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
are the timestamps from the cameras or are the blue iris time stamps. Blue iris gets its time from the pc.
I'm not sure where BI gets the stimestamp, thats what i'm trying to figure out.
But i just logged in on my dahua cams and i noticed all of them arent sync'ed to PC time.
So i synced them,

btw forgot to mention something, my cams are all offline,
i have them on local network on separate POE switch cause i was afraid the traffic might disturb my pxe environments.
So with this kind of setup, will the cams get out of sync? cause i think it wont be able to sync to clock servers

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure where BI gets the stimestamp, thats what i'm trying to figure out.
But i just logged in on my dahua cams and i noticed all of them arent sync'ed to PC time.
So i synced them,

btw forgot to mention something, my cams are all offline,
i have them on local network on separate POE switch cause i was afraid the traffic might disturb my pxe environments.
So with this kind of setup, will the cams get out of sync? cause i think it wont be able to sync to clock servers
I am sure, its from the pc. The blue iris timestamp will not be recorded in the video when using direct to disc. Therefore use your cameras timestamp.
The dahua cameras timestamp will continue to be inaccurate and fluctuate if you dont setup a time server on your pc and set the cameras to sync with it. There are many threads discussing how this can be done.

denywinarto

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am sure, its from the pc. The blue iris timestamp will not be recorded in the video when using direct to disc. Therefore use your cameras timestamp.
The dahua cameras timestamp will continue to be inaccurate and fluctuate if you dont setup a time server on your pc and set the cameras to sync with it. There are many threads discussing how this can be done.
This one right?
How to Create a Standalone NTP Server With Windows