Blue Iris Widget for Android

Cbang000

n3wb
Reaction score
Good morning. I've been a Blue Iris user for about two years now and the Widget feature for Android has never worked. It's always a black screen or just spinning blue circle? Is it just me or is this ever going to get fixed? Thank you kind kindly.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but I do not believe the widget was developed by the Blue Iris developer - and I believe the widget has been updated to a different app. There is the Blue Iris app that was created by the developer.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It has and still works for me, Android 10, and previously on 9 with a Pixel 3a xl phone. Worked on my previous Moto phone as well.
Does it work if you are on the same network as your BI server and not the cells network?

Cbang000

n3wb
Reaction score
It has and still works for me, Android 10, and previously on 9 with a Pixel 3a xl phone. Worked on my previous Moto phone as well.
Does it work if you are on the same network as your BI server and not the cells network?
It doesn't work on either. I'm using a OpenVpn for cellular.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Does the app itself work for you?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am using the official Blue Iris App. I never used the widget before (not sure why LOL), but just added it to my screen and it was immediately showing.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I just removed the widget and did a force close on the app and put the widget back on and it immediately showed the cams.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have been going thru to see if there is a permission or something and trying to replicate your error and I get the error with battery saver on. As soon as I turn it off, the cameras immediately show up.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In trying to replicate your issue, I also get that with data saver on. So it appears any type of battery or data saving setting is causing it on my end. It also didn't work if I had Background data turned off. Every other combination and I still get it to work.

So either somewhere in your device one of these settings is turned on, or it is a conflict with your particular device?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The only other thing I can think of then is are you pushing too much out and it cannot keep up?

Under Blue Iris Settings, what are your settings for "Limit Live Preview Rate" - maybe yours are so high that it is stuck trying to buffer the images? I am at 15fps

What is your system makeup - how many cameras and resolution, are you using substream, total kB/s and MB/s in the status, etc? I am using substreams and am at 3,700kB/s and 375MB/s with the CPU running under 20%.