Blue Iris vs Hikvision NVR, worth using?

Reaction score
Hi, currently have a hikvision NVR with 5 Hikvion POE cameras and 3 Ezviz wifi cams. Only recently have I had a problem with the NVR rebooting periodically. I'm also looking for 2 way audio for the driveway cam.
I've downloaded Blueiris and had a quick look but wondered if using BI would bring any benefits over using the Hikvision interface?
Would I be able to add the camera's from the NVR to BI, as the NVR runs on a different subnet to the wifi cams. Thanks Paul.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, currently have a hikvision NVR with 5 Hikvion POE cameras and 3 Ezviz wifi cams. Only recently have I had a problem with the NVR rebooting periodically. I'm also looking for 2 way audio for the driveway cam.
I've downloaded Blueiris and had a quick look but wondered if using BI would bring any benefits over using the Hikvision interface?
Would I be able to add the camera's from the NVR to BI, as the NVR runs on a different subnet to the wifi cams. Thanks Paul.
you would need to stream from the nvr not the cams OR better - use a poe switch and stream from the cams to BI and to the NVR.
Blue iris adds lots of function over an NVR.
Two way audio is not going to work the way you want it, its half duplex like a walkie talkie...also no hikvision outdoor cameras have a speaker - you would need to get a camera with an audio out and add an amplifier + a speaker and a powered mic if there is no built in mic.