Blue Iris support response times

Rossbot

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
Can anyone tell me what is the standard response time for Blue iris support? I had a problem when my license became invalid (meaning my entire system has gone down) so I emailed the support address given but its now been 48 and I've had no response. I pay annually for the software and support (although obviously i'm now rethinking that now). fortunately this is in a domestic setup and not a business, but is a response this bad normal from Blue Iris?

Thanks
Ross

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
BI is one person and sometimes it can take a couple of days. It was mentioned somewhere he was on vacation, so I do not know if he is back or still on it.

I have had as short as an hour and as long as 4 days (and sometimes no response if it was fixed with the next update).

Yours should be a quicker one as long as you followed the requirements that provided the license, key, etc. as that will prevent it from going into spam.

Rossbot

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies,@looney2ns tbh I just followed the message i got on the screen to email the support address with my details. @wittaj if he's on holiday that would explain the lack of response! but i have to admit that is really bad (speaking as an IT support manager) if you pay for support butif the company is on holiday you won't get a reply? that's horrendous support (we would simply lose all customers and go bankrupt!) I've been using BI for years and its awesome especially since the deepstack integration, but I've had no relevant upgrades for my setup since Deppstack and and was only paying for support for when s**t hits the fan and then when it does I can't get support because he's on holiday!

on a side not does anyone know how to reset the demo? i can't even run that anymore! even watermarked is better than nothing :)

Thanks all

Ross

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies,@looney2ns tbh I just followed the message i got on the screen to email the support address with my details. @wittaj if he's on holiday that would explain the lack of response! but i have to admit that is really bad (speaking as an IT support manager) if you pay for support butif the company is on holiday you won't get a reply? that's horrendous support (we would simply lose all customers and go bankrupt!) I've been using BI for years and its awesome especially since the deepstack integration, but I've had no relevant upgrades for my setup since Deppstack and and was only paying for support for when s**t hits the fan and then when it does I can't get support because he's on holiday!

on a side not does anyone know how to reset the demo? i can't even run that anymore! even watermarked is better than nothing :)

Thanks all

Ross
I just IM you with how to extend the trial

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
One of the reasons, perhaps the primary reason, that Blue Iris is so inexpensive when compared to other VMS solutions is that it is a "one man band". Can that be inconvenient, certainly, but even if you're willing to shell out five to ten times, or more, the cost of Blue Iris and still get marginal support, it's still the best option available IMHO.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Thanks all

Ross
It is what it is, he has survived and thrived just fine for over 20 yrs with his model of doing business.
Add two or three full time support and the price would no longer be a measly $60 to purchase, and $30 per year for continued upgrades.

nejakejnick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
that's horrendous support
For me a horrendous support is like the Microsoft one, where you have to spend weeks going through 5 levels of Indians that hardly speak English, have badly configured microphones, and do not know what they are talking about and are unable to comprehend the issue. Then if you win "the game" you get someone decent.