Blue Iris SHIELD disarmed on it's own?

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Curious to know what would trigger BI to disarm the Shield? I woke up about 9am this morning and noticed that BI stopped recording at 8:03am. In the log 2 mins later you see "Nothing to do". I learned my lesson and have unchecked DISABLE RECORDINGS in the Shield section of OTHER settings. Just wondering how the Shield would disarm like that.
1652635912274.png
Here's the relevant log:

1652636636384.png

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I had that happen a couple of times with BI4 when I know that I hadn't touched anything. Noticed when I realized that I hadn't received any notifications all day. Looked to figure out why and red shield. Not sure why. :idk:

Schrodinger's Cat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just want to chime in and say something similar (or perhaps the same?) happened to me at around 9:15 PM last night. I wasn't even home. All cameras just stopped recording and shield icon went to red, I didn't notice until today 18 hours later. This has never happened in ~2 years of using BI, my system has been rock solid. Very concerning. I updated to 5.5.7.2 this morning and upon restarting it was working fine.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
The only other time it happened to me was because of my own dumbass created mistake. I accidently clicked the shield without knowing it when I was sliding the RDP header around then covered up the Shield with the header and it wasn't obvious the Shield was red. I think I was on BI 4 back then. I've been on BI 5.3.6.6 for 1.5 years now without this issue showing up. I'll just shrug my shoulders and move on.

1652656002187.png
1652656049977.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just want to chime in and say something similar (or perhaps the same?) happened to me at around 9:15 PM last night. I wasn't even home. All cameras just stopped recording and shield icon went to red, I didn't notice until today 18 hours later. This has never happened in ~2 years of using BI, my system has been rock solid. Very concerning. I updated to 5.5.7.2 this morning and upon restarting it was working fine.
Email support. If you unchecked all the options in the shield settings it will have no effect when it turns red.