Blue Iris Remote "BUSY"

Andykev

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This just started yesterday after a "power outage". Several IP's were reset (by one digit), which is odd. I have returned all to correct settings. NOW by BI remote (which is wireless access point) gives me continual "busy" and only loads if I turn down the resolution to below 720mp. It was working blazing fast at highest res before.
Access to camera via direct IP thru UNIVIEW interface workes flawlessly. I have checked ALL the setting and can't figure it out.
The "remote IP address" works fine on the browser using the actual BI Computer...but Iphone or the other computers log in but they are busy busy and don't work.

Is it something with BI UI? ALL other functions/internet access/file transfers work normally so I don't think the router settings are the issue.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you saying the IPs were changed in Blue Iris's camera configuration? You may have had some registry corruption. There might still be a registry backup file in the Blue Iris folder from before the power outage. Try to restore that maybe.

If the actual IP addresses of the cameras changed, then you should give them all DHCP reservations in your router so that does not happen again.

And I have no idea how you are turning down the resolution below 720p if the web interface will not load.

Andykev

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The interface is working (it wasn't) and now it's S-L-O-W. I switched by logging into the WIFI on the access point and got the Iphone to show the Blue Iris interface. It's still a bit slow.
The desktop (remote) now loads "most" of the screen/clips, but it has the spinning wheel (poor connection). The BI computer and the remote computer all connect properly to the interenet
at 490 mbps. Loading the BI web interface on the BI computer via Chrome is flawless. The remote (office) computer has the issue.
Beginning to think something with the routers, but not sure. I have checked all settings.

Andykev

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Actually logging into the access point directly (different IP) on Iphone it works perfectly. I think something tweaked in the router.. one is main, the other is set as access point.
May do reset.

Andykev

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Update (ICAOC)... seems the Blue Iris was flaky due to one of the ethernet cables on the remote router. However the UNIVIEW camera FAILED and it's RMA'ed back to the company for warranty or to figure what happened. A new camera is on the way.