Blue Iris Options >> Schedule >> Preset Names

MnM

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Been using my BI for about a number of years.

Last time I set it up was at least 3 years ago. I also went through an in place upgrade from 3.X to 4 on Win 2012R2.
Now I have decided to move my install to Win10 and I am taking this opportunity to reconfigure my BI.

So I am creating new Profiles (work , home, home day, home night, etc)

I am also creating new schedule where I "paint" all my profiles accordingly.

One item that I have seen previously is Blue Iris Options >> Schedule >> Preset Names

I see that I can add new presets and "paint" different profiles schedules. So right now I have a Default preset and a Test preset.
My issues is that I have no idea what to do with the presets. I have looked at all the setting (Options, cameras) and I have found no way to call the Test or Default preset. I have found no information about the presets in the forums. Please note - I have profiles setup, schedules setup AND 2 Presets. I am only interested in information the Presets. How are they called? From which options/camera pages? etc.

Thanks

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Global Schedules and Preset Names are the same thing. You can "call" them by using the drop down on the Options-Schedule page or on the home page you can right click on the Schedule name just to the left of the profile box and select from there.

MnM

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So is this meant to be used manually?
no automation for this (ie a camera calling the preset given certain conditions).

Edit: Just trying to see if there is any benefit from multiple Presets. Or is everyone just running a default one?

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I use multiple profiles (3 each for time of day) which change due to lighting changes (front door is west facing and sun location makes a big difference) and activity. I have a set of 3 profiles for when I'm home and a set of 3 for when I'm away. I then have two Global Schedules, Home and Away. When I leave I select Away and when I return I select Home (Manually). Weather I'm gone or home the schedule changes profile at set times I entered in the Global Schedule.
Some (maybe most) use profiles for home and away but I found this provides greater flexibility. Either way you must manually select an away profile or away schedule when leaving and reverse when returning home.

BTW, the biggest difference between home and away profiles are inside cameras are disabled during home and alerts are obviously set up completely different.