Blue Iris Login heads up

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So I have my system setup to text me whenever a login or restart of BI happens so that I can make sure that my system hasn't been compromised.

Today while not at home, I get a text that BI was logged into and I know nobody was logging in.

I VPN back into my system and pull up the log and the login was when BI pushed out into BI that a new version is available.

I have never had that happen before (I am on 5.5.3.4), so just a heads up for anyone that has their system notify them of any logins that you will start getting these potentially.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I've never been able to make that work. Under Settings > Users > Select User > Actions - On login button > set up a notification?

I never get anything that way for any account.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I've never been able to make that work. Under Settings > Users > Select User > Actions - On login button > set up a notification?

I never get anything that way for any account.
That is not how I set mine up.

I do it under Status > Log > Status Alerts (bottom of screen) > and then check the remote access and software restarts options.

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It looks like Ken made some changes to the status notification options in the past month or so. I’m also getting more granular notifications for status entries.