Blue Iris iOS / Android / Blue Iris Companion (Windows Phone) Viewing performance

John Mak

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been using the iOS app and it works perfectly, with live and clips playback is very fast and playable in real time.

When I use Android / Windows Phone app it seems to be VERY slow playing video live or clips playback. (Take 2-3 sec to see 1 sec of video, like it is playing in slow motion.

Is that normal for Android and Windows phone or is there extra transcoding that needs to happen for it to work and my server having a performance issue?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have been using the iOS app and it works perfectly, with live and clips playback is very fast and playable in real time.

When I use Android / Windows Phone app it seems to be VERY slow playing video live or clips playback. (Take 2-3 sec to see 1 sec of video, like it is playing in slow motion.

Is that normal for Android and Windows phone or is there extra transcoding that needs to happen for it to work and my server having a performance issue?
no its not normal...email support...the windows app is not supported by the blue iris developer its a third party....