Blue Iris hardware setup resources & Thank you

EricB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just wanted to drop a quick note saying thank you to everyone who helped me out getting the Blue Iris computer up and running.

Also thought it might be beneficial to have the resources I used in one place for easier future reference.

I wound up using an old machine that was in the closet...
- an almost 15 year old GIGABYTE GA-790XT-USB3 motherboard with AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor, 3200 MHz, 16gb RAM​
System/Application drive: Samsung SSD 840 Series 256gb SSD​
Storage drive: SAMSUNG HD502HJ 500gb -​
(I am not doing continuous recording right now so the smaller drive is okay, but it will be upgraded to a WD purple 10-14tb before setting enabling continuous recording)​

After 1st setting it up to monitor with the following 2 cameras it was running at 47% - 57% CPU utilization.

After following the instructions from these pages and some information from other post that I can't remember, the CPU utilization is now at 13%-15%.
The biggest performance gain coming from changing to use Sub Streams

Threads and Posts used for setup:
3. @TonyR's replies in New Cpu set up
5. @SouthernYankee's post in the thread Blue Iris settings issue
8. The answers to my question Another Hardware Question

So, thanks to all who responded to my questions, and to those people who created/posted in the threads above.

I do have a few Blue Iris questions and some questions about various cameras, but I will create new threads in the proper forums for each of them to keep those threads more single focused.

Thanks again,

Eric

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Rob2020

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Glad you are up and running. I found Blue Iris easy to configure and get up and running considering all the stories I read which proved to be unfounded.