Blue Iris crashes after I changed settings for a camera

Legolad

n3wb
Reaction score
I had everything working just fine except the audio. So I was changing camera settings (the video stream option) to see if I could find a stream that enabled the audio. I can't remember which option I chose, but once I chose it, I got a No Signal message in the camera window and then Blue Iris crashed.

Now, every time I launch, Blue Iris opens, displays my 3 cameras (including the No Signal camera that I changed) and then crashes before I can do anything.

I just want to set the camera's video stream back to rtsp.

Anybody have any ideas?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I had everything working just fine except the audio. So I was changing camera settings (the video stream option) to see if I could find a stream that enabled the audio. I can't remember which option I chose, but once I chose it, I got a No Signal message in the camera window and then Blue Iris crashed.

Now, every time I launch, Blue Iris opens, displays my 3 cameras (including the No Signal camera that I changed) and then crashes before I can do anything.

I just want to set the camera's video stream back to rtsp.

Anybody have any ideas?
Windows 10 error immediately on BI startup

Legolad

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you, sir! That worked a treat.

If you don't mind, I wonder if you can point me in the right direction to enable sound.

I have 3 generic Chinese IP cams , all the same, based on the HI3535 SoC.
I know they use G.711 audio.
They come with the usual CMS/XmEYE software package.
I've used the OnVIF device manager to configure their bit rates and all that.

I just can't seem to find the right combination of settings in BI to get the audio working.
Any advice you can offer would be much appreciated.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you, sir! That worked a treat.

If you don't mind, I wonder if you can point me in the right direction to enable sound.

I have 3 generic Chinese IP cams , all the same, based on the HI3535 SoC.
I know they use G.711 audio.
They come with the usual CMS/XmEYE software package.
I've used the OnVIF device manager to configure their bit rates and all that.

I just can't seem to find the right combination of settings in BI to get the audio working.
Any advice you can offer would be much appreciated.
try using the find inspect option to pull the onvif profile..ensure audio is enabled in the audio tab.

Legolad

n3wb
Reaction score
try using the find inspect option to pull the onvif profile..ensure audio is enabled in the audio tab.
Thanks again. That's how I added it.

I have the audio turned on in all the places I could find. OnVIF Device Manager shows it as on.
I just can't hear anything.

Blue Iris shows this after I select the IP address:
upload_2017-4-11_15-4-41.png

And here's what the audio tab says:
upload_2017-4-11_15-2-53.png

Last edited: