Blue Iris can't connect on LAN Network

jaydee49

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been running Blue Iris 4 on my PC for years with no problems. Switched ISPs from Comcast to ATT Fiber yesterday. I was able to get cameras functioning without a problem. I was able to go into ATT settings an open up port 81.

On the mobile Blue Iris app, if I am not on Home Wifi I can connect as usual via WAN network settings. If I am on my home Wifi, it will not connect via LAN IP address (192.168.1.xx:81) and timeout and give an error. The odd thing is if I go to the browser on my phone an enter 192.168.1.xx:81 it will connect and login just fine. Only the app doesn't work. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

If it matters I am using a nokia bgw320 as both modem/router.

Reaction score
I've been running Blue Iris 4 on my PC for years with no problems. Switched ISPs from Comcast to ATT Fiber yesterday. I was able to get cameras functioning without a problem. I was able to go into ATT settings an open up port 81.

On the mobile Blue Iris app, if I am not on Home Wifi I can connect as usual via WAN network settings. If I am on my home Wifi, it will not connect via LAN IP address (192.168.1.xx:81) and timeout and give an error. The odd thing is if I go to the browser on my phone an enter 192.168.1.xx:81 it will connect and login just fine. Only the app doesn't work. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

If it matters I am using a nokia bgw320 as both modem/router.
did you run the connection wizard?

jaydee49

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah, and double checked all the IPs etc. Also tried "forgetting server" in app and adding it back and that didn't work either. Odd to me that 192.168.1.xx:81 works just fine in browser on my phone but doesn't when using the app.

Castle66

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello.
I am having the exact same issue with some customers where iPhone App won't connect
via LAN while iPhone is connected to the WiFi network. Can you elaborate as to what
"Local Network' setting was toggled to off? I looked but could not figure it out.

Thank you

hikky_b

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello.
I am having the exact same issue with some customers where iPhone App won't connect
via LAN while iPhone is connected to the WiFi network. Can you elaborate as to what
"Local Network' setting was toggled to off? I looked but could not figure it out.

Thank you
I believe he was talking about settings>blue iris

IMG_61359F08CF0B-1.jpeg

protivakid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I believe he was talking about settings>blue iris

View attachment 91724
I'm having the same issue but there is no local network permissions listed for blue iris. On app ver 2.02.02 and ios 14.6. There is a local network setting for other apps, just not BI.

Edit - reinstalled the app and suddenly it appeared. Probably a bug when upgrading BI versions.

Last edited:

vraicovi

n3wb
Reaction score
Edit - reinstalled the app and suddenly it appeared. Probably a bug when upgrading BI versions.
I really thought this was going to solve my problem but it didn't. It just made my issue more strange.

I removed the BI app because I didn't see the local network setting and I reinstalled it. I still don't see the local network toggle, and now I only have Siri, Background App Refresh, and Cellular Data options - others definitely disappeard. I also checked under Privacy > Local Network and BI is not listed.

For the record: app ver 2.03.03 and iOS 15.6.1

protivakid

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I really thought this was going to solve my problem but it didn't. It just made my issue more strange.

I removed the BI app because I didn't see the local network setting and I reinstalled it. I still don't see the local network toggle, and now I only have Siri, Background App Refresh, and Cellular Data options - others definitely disappeard. I also checked under Privacy > Local Network and BI is not listed.

For the record: app ver 2.03.03 and iOS 15.6.1
My wife's the iPhone user not I, but isn't there a way to reset all app permissions? Of course all apps on your phone will now re-ask for access. Did your problem start only after an app update or are you a new user?

Tusabrat

n3wb
Reaction score
Did anyone find a solution to this? I'm also having this problem. All was good on my iPhone and iPad, and then about 4-5 days ago, suddenly I can't connect anymore. I have deleted the app a couple of times, but still nothing. I also do not have BI under Local Network.

Edit for anyone searching for this problem: It had nothing to do with the phone, Zerotier was being blocked by Windows Firewall so the phone couldn't reach the Blue Iris server. Zerotier did create its own firewall rules, but I had to also uncheck 'allow firewall to protect Zerotier' under the Private->Custom tab in Firewall.

Last edited: