Blue Iris and AI Choices

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Blue Iris has been amazing since installing. Not that I was expecting less. I want to move on to AI. All of my cams do not have it built in as some are older starlight cams from several years ago. So I'm considering the Project AI or paying for Sentry. I'm really nervous about setting it up.

Is one easier to setup? Is one better than the other? I'd really love to not fight bugs, clouds, dogs, etc, all year. So I'm hoping this will fix most of those issues.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
CodeProject is free and sentry is paid and nobody uses it because it is no good (not even sure if it is still maintained).

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I tried Sentry several years ago when it offered I think a several day free trial and I had better success knocking out false triggers by spending time with the BI motion settings (this was before Deepstack or CodeProject).

I couldn't get off of that trial fast enough LOL.

I found Deepstack easy to use and setup, but haven't made the jump to CodeProject yet.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Why would you pay? It's garbage compared to codeproject and very expensive.
If it is easier for less technical folks like myself and works well, it's worth it. If I gain nothing by purchasing it, then I would not be interested in Sentry.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I tried Sentry several years ago when it offered I think a several day trial and I had better success knocking out false triggers by spending time with the BI motion settings (this was before Deepstack or CodeProject).

I couldn't get off of that trial fast enough LOL.

I found Deepstack easy to use and setup, but haven't made the jump to CodeProject yet.
I installed codeproject yesterday and haven't went further than that. Need to find a guide to walk me through it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If it is easier for less technical folks like myself and works well, it's worth it. If I gain nothing by purchasing it, then I would not be interested in Sentry.
It's garbage, relies on sending your images to the cloud and crazy overpriced. Anyone who can install blue iris can install code project.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I installed codeproject yesterday and haven't went further than that. Need to find a guide to walk me through it.
There is litterally a thread on codeproject 2.0 with instructions. Its a simple install. Paying 100 a year for sentry which sux is for suckers. You are paying more for sentry than blue iris.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's garbage, relies on sending your images to the cloud and crazy overpriced. Anyone who can install blue iris can install code project.
I'm smoking a brisket today. I'll be tied to the house all day during that adventure. I'll start tinkering around and see what I can get going. Thank you for your input. I'm glad to have you guys experience to make these decisions easy.

Edcfish

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have used DeepStack and CodeProject.
When it is all done, i found that Deepstack was a little simpler to install but lacked some of the niceties of CodeProject and detected slower.
CodeProject was not difficult to install, had a decent gui (which makes life easier much of the time), and detected more quickly with similar or better accuracy.