BLue Iris 5.0 live view not working

gtj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So, I pulled the trigger and purchased extended support with the intention to migrate from v4 to v5.

I followed the guide provided in here and at first everything was working fine.

However, after just a few hours, I noticed that the live view of the cameras on the server is dead - frozen and will only update momentarily after several seconds if not minutes.
Starngely I can reach my server from the Android mobile app without a problem and the cameras are working fine on real time!

I tried applying a repair to the installation, uninstalling and re-installing BI from scratch, uninstalling and re-installing Microsoft's Visual+++ depenedency software, adding the cameras again... nothing. I checked for any updates available for BI or any windows updates and installed them but nothing's changed too. I also checked the registry for any faults with CCleaner.

My server is a Dell Optiplex with an i5 4590, an 128GB SSD for the Operating system and Alerts and a 2TB Western Digital Purple for the actual recordings.
I'm now seriously out of ideas.

At this point I've just had turn back to Blue Iris 4.0 which still works flawlessly.

I emailed BI support yesterday but have not heard anything yet...
Sadly I have no other option than sticking to v 4.0 and asking for a refund.

A big shame as the interrgration of Ui3 was a big plus for my use case. I've also had installed Ui3 manually to 4.0 but with V 5.0, Ui3 is simply like sitting in front of your actual server machine - everything is so snappy and fluid. The difference is night and day. Pretty pointless though if you can't use your monitor locally.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You likely just hit the pause button for the live view. If you have an issue it’s better to post it before you revert back nine times out of 10 it’s user error.

gtj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You likely just hit the pause button for the live view. If you have an issue it’s better to post it before you revert back nine times out of 10 it’s user error.
Oh man.... I feel very stupid now! :p

I swear I did not touch that button. I did not know it existed. I might have pressed it accidentally or by sliding the cursor over the screen in an unsuspecting moment or maybe (?) the other half had a play with it? Sincerely I don't know how I ended up with this ridiculous issue.

Thanks @fenderman ! Your help is really appreciated with this. I was really getting nowhere :)

Tom in PA

n3wb
Reaction score
I finally found the correct pause button in the lower right hand corner of the console screen. There are at least two other "Pause" buttons, upper left and upper right, that don't affect the screen freeze.
Thanks for the help!

Reactions: gtj
Reaction score
Oh man.... I feel very stupid now! :p

I swear I did not touch that button. I did not know it existed. I might have pressed it accidentally or by sliding the cursor over the screen in an unsuspecting moment or maybe (?) the other half had a play with it? Sincerely I don't know how I ended up with this ridiculous issue.

Thanks @fenderman ! Your help is really appreciated with this. I was really getting nowhere :)
I would laugh at this, but I fell victim. I came here looking for answers.