Christmas Sales 2021

bethzur

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They do not exist yet. Who knows if a turret will be made as it would be so large.

A PTZ would be even larger, but probably a better chance of getting a larger sensor for a PTZ.
Yes, but for my application, I'm not really concerned about size.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
There will have a 1/1.2 cmos monster ptz will be released at Q2 2022, a new one, but not full color.
Full color for long range i don't think can have in short time, we tried on turret, but the lens board bit big, can't hold into the turret one, the only way to do it to enlarge the size of the cam, or do a cheaper full color model, but will be not as strong as the bullet one. Right now the chips also supply very bad, we also have very limited stocks for this IPC-Color4K-X.

Zook

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There will have a 1/1.2 cmos monster ptz will be released at Q2 2022, a new one, but not full color.
Full color for long range i don't think can have in short time, we tried on turret, but the lens board bit big, can't hold into the turret one, the only way to do it to enlarge the size of the cam, or do a cheaper full color model, but will be not as strong as the bullet one. Right now the chips also supply very bad, we also have very limited stocks for this IPC-Color4K-X.
I'm guessing Dahua would like to re-use the same housing as the 5442/ZE to keep expenses and production time low. I already think the ZE is a bit large, but still worth tolerating given the sleek look of the turret format and the advantages of the varifocal feature. Unfortunately in the future we'll all probably have to come to terms of the turrets having a larger footprint if we want to reap the benefits of low light/no light image quality in the turret format unless new technology methods are invented. :(

I am curious to know the dimensions the turret would need to be to support a 1/1.2" sensor (non-varifocal).

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
There is a proposed 4k PTZ on the 1/1.2" sensor, but no proposed turret at this point.

But why is that Hikvision already have the DS-2CD2387G2-L(U) 8 MP ColorVu Fixed Turret model Camera available already, and it doesn't seem to look that big at all. Although I bought one Color4K-X already, but love to get some turret version of Color4K-X if available.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hikvision has had an 8MP on the 1/1.2" sensor out longer than Dahua has, so they have had more time to design, formulate, revamp and revise.

Dahua may or may not follow suit.

By some accounts, folks feel the Hikvision 8MP isn't as good as the 4K/X. That is probably subjective and vendor biased in some reviews, but if there is truth to that, then one could conclude that the the superior image comes at a cost of a bigger camera than the competitor.

Or maybe the Hikvision engineers are smarter and figured out how to small form turret the 8MP on the 1/1.2"

user8963

Known around here
Reaction score
But why is that Hikvision already have the DS-2CD2387G2-L(U) 8 MP ColorVu Fixed Turret model Camera available already, and it doesn't seem to look that big at all. Although I bought one Color4K-X already, but love to get some turret version of Color4K-X if available.
the turret is alot bigger than the normal version. its not only the turret, you need different mounting brackets... only for 1 model ?

in my opinion even the 5442 dahua turrets are not as good as the bullets.
to my knowledge the bullets have all 4 LEDs and you can set near/far illumination.
turrets only 2 without any near/far settings...

if you need the built in LEDs you will see the difference at night.
also for some reason the vario turret tends to go out of focus for some reason, so need a script for autofocus each day. if your mounting cannot give you reliable autofocus, then good look ;)

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
We are planing a Christmas promotion next week, this time will do more on the IPC-Color4K-X, Dual Lens IPC-T5449H-ASE-D2 , and all 5442 series.
Other models will still have some discount, but will not as good as Black Friday.
What about the IPC-T5842T-ZE 4K Vari-Focal Turret Wildcat_1 reviewed few months ago? :)

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
the turret is alot bigger than the normal version. its not only the turret, you need different mounting brackets... only for 1 model ?

in my opinion even the 5442 dahua turrets are not as good as the bullets.
to my knowledge the bullets have all 4 LEDs and you can set near/far illumination.
turrets only 2 without any near/far settings...

if you need the built in LEDs you will see the difference at night.
also for some reason the vario turret tends to go out of focus for some reason, so need a script for autofocus each day. if your mounting cannot give you reliable autofocus, then good look ;)

Hikvision DS-2CD2387G2-L(U) Turret is DimensionØ138.3 mm × 120.1 mm (Ø5.4" × 4.7")

Dahua IPC-HDW5442T-ZE Turret Dimension: Φ122.0 mm × 108.3 mm (Φ4.8" × 4.3")

Seems like not that much bigger.

Different mounting bracket is not expensive. I don't mind about the 2 or 4 LED illumination as I don't plan to use it anyway. But the out of focus thing is a problem that will annoy me. :oops:

Last edited:

1fxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Doe’s anyone know why when I pan my SD8A820WA-HNF around (night time) and it’s in color and all. But when it go‘s past the pole that it hangs on and reflects light back it loses color. I have the area well light. It like seems to reflect off the pole and bam go‘s b/w. Then when I point it back to it’s preset it stays in B/w until daytime.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I think it is just coincidence when the light reflects back that it loses color.

These things need a lot of light, so when it is looking at an area with light and starts panning, the camera has a timer of how long it will stay color before switching to b/w.

If you feel you have enough light, then switch it from auto to color so that it stays in color regardless of what the sensor is telling it.

Most of us don't have enough light according to the camera, so if we want color we have to force it into color.