Bicycle Crash & Burn

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Wow someone doesn't know how to make a ramp. We used to jump ramps but we made the taller, my bike broke in half once after landed. Amazing how i never broke a bone.
Hah! I was in mid jump once, and the front wheel came off. I forget how many stitches that one took to fix. This was a "normal" type occurance for me in my youth. Needless to say, our doctor knew me well. :p

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
My son was always a fairly big kid. He had a "dirt bike", a Mongoose, and was always building ramps and making jumps. He built a pretty steep one, came flying down the driveway and along side the house. When he hit the ramp the front fork snapped with, shall we say, some catastrophic results for his "jump". Another trip to the ER to get him patched up.

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
I've seen that effect before when I was a kid back in the '60s or early '70s. We built a big ramp/jump in the alley behind our house. We all jumped it on Stingray type bikes and had fun. Then one of the kids' older brothers came out with a 10-speed, and we all warned him not to try to take it on such a bike. But he insisted. The result was very much like what's in that video. Except that he ended up going over the edge of the alley and into the barbed wire fence that kept horses in the field back there. He got a nasty cut on his lower lip area and had a scar from that for as long as I knew him.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I had a left pedal break off once on a landing. Result Nut Buster. And 2 partial pedal seperations here the rubber pads slid off the shaft. oh lets see... Cracked the left side handle bar off pulling a wheelie. Result. Nut Buster Parfait when i crashed into the curb. another time, I Landed on back wheel with bike completely vertical off a 36" ramp we built. Result: Nut Buster with Bruised ass.

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
I had a left pedal break off once on a landing. Result Nut Buster. And 2 partial pedal seperations here the rubber pads slid off the shaft. oh lets see... Cracked the left side handle bar off pulling a wheelie. Result. Nut Buster Parfait when i crashed into the curb. another time, I Landed on back wheel with bike completely vertical off a 36" ramp we built. Result: Nut Buster with Bruised ass.
I definitely see a pattern here! ;)

Xeddog

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm guessing you don't have any kids of your own. :lmao::rofl: