BI Switching Profiles Manually

its

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I use BI the following way..

1) When Exiting Geofence for mobile switch to AWAY (1) profile
2) When entering geofence for mobile switch to HOME (2) profile

In the Home profile I have external cameras on Trigger.. Sometimes there are things happening outside so I don't want alerts.. for which I have a MONITOR (3) profile..

So when I am home I click on 3 via Mobile (MONITOR profile) and the schedule icon next to it becomes green clock with "Schedule Overwridden". When work is done I want to simply switch back to my geofence status (2) but either

1) If I click on 3 again it becomes default which is nothing (?) and all internal cameras also start triggering..

or

2) If I click on 2 it becomes green scheduled overridden and i believe stays on that for 8 hrs before defaulting again..

I am not able to understand the Temp / Hold / Run Profile and how to config them

I basically want

1) When home then due to Geofence 2 is triggered (Works)
2) Switch to profile 3 manually when some activities are going on (Works by pressing 3 on mobile app)
3) Switch back to my 2 profile by default when I press something (?) or Profile 2 then sticks again till I leave home and profile 1 is then triggered due to geofence activity.. (Not sure how this should be made more seamless)

Please suggest what am I doing wrong?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
When no profile is selected it will use profile 1.
profile temp times can be set in blue iris options>profiles....480 minuets is the default that is why you see 8 hours.
Push the leftmost button whether its set to hold or temp and it will revert to run..

its

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When no profile is selected it will use profile 1.
profile temp times can be set in blue iris options>profiles....480 minuets is the default that is why you see 8 hours.
Push the leftmost button whether its set to hold or temp and it will revert to run..
So How do I switch from 3 to 2 without the temp (I guess is the green click icon)

Basically want to manually switch from 3 to 2 without the minutes coming into play..

When the block symbol comes (hold I guess) can't select a profile.. and when the run symbol (curve arrow comes) no profile is selected..

so it seems switching between 2 and 3 i can only do the temp (green icon) and leave it like that

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So How do I switch from 3 to 2 without the temp (I guess is the green click icon)

Basically want to manually switch from 3 to 2 without the minutes coming into play..

When the block symbol comes (hold I guess) can't select a profile.. and when the run symbol (curve arrow comes) no profile is selected..

so it seems switching between 2 and 3 i can only do the temp (green icon) and leave it like that
press it a second time to hold that profile indefinitely ...you can only switch to a profile outside the schedule to either temp or hold, to return to normal schedule click on the temp or hold icon and it will revert to your normal set schedule..

its

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
to return to normal schedule click on the temp or hold icon and it will revert to your normal set schedule
Since I only use profile switching based on geofencing.. we need to set some profile to run 24/7 under options and it will default to that? Otherwise 1 will always be default?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Since I only use profile switching based on geofencing.. we need to set some profile to run 24/7 under options and it will default to that? Otherwise 1 will always be default?
It should default to your current geofence state..

its

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It should default to your current geofence state..
It doesn't.. after a timed profile switch.. it falls back to no profile.. i.e. no number is selected.. not sure what setting I am missing..

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It doesn't.. after a timed profile switch.. it falls back to no profile.. i.e. no number is selected.. not sure what setting I am missing..
no profile is profile 1 by default...

its

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
no profile is profile 1 by default...
Ok. but u said it should fall back to the geofence status profile.. which is 2 for me.. and profile 1 is named "Away" for me.. but the iphone app / desktop app doesn't show 1 selected nor the words "Away" just above the profile numbers in iPhone.. So I assumed nothing is selected?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok. but u said it should fall back to the geofence status profile.. which is 2 for me.. and profile 1 is named "Away" for me.. but the iphone app / desktop app doesn't show 1 selected nor the words "Away" just above the profile numbers in iPhone.. So I assumed nothing is selected?
Your geofence profile is either 1 or 2 depending on whether you are home

its

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Your geofence profile is either 1 or 2 depending on whether you are home
It is 2 when I am home.. but it doesn't goto that after timed profile finishes.. as you suggest its going to 1 which is the away profile.. thus everything is trigerring even at home.. only way i fix it is by either manually holding 2 profile via app.. or when i leave geofence and enter again it fixes itself by holding 2 profile

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It is 2 when I am home.. but it doesn't goto that after timed profile finishes.. as you suggest its going to 1 which is the away profile.. thus everything is trigerring even at home.. only way i fix it is by either manually holding 2 profile via app.. or when i leave geofence and enter again it fixes itself by holding 2 profile
You will need to post images of your geofence home/away settings.

greg_mitch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am having this same issue. Did this ever get resolved? My profile 1 is "Away". My profile 2 is "Home". I am trying to use Geofence, but every now and then I have to hit profile because my phone is dead or my wife's phone is dead. It seems to timeout and then go to profile "none" which results in all alarm triggers and notifications.

I was trying to utilize the Smartthings Fusion app to tie into my Smartthings hub away/home status using Life 360 and my IFTTT rules, but that appears to have been broken as well. I wish the geofence was more usable in the iOS app.

its

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry I really lost track of this..

Having this same issue again.. I am currently at home so geofence should be on but it doesn't seem to trigger. On iPhone X with v4.6.4.9

You will need to post images of your geofence home/away settings.
Some pics as requested

Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 2.22.34 pm.png Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 2.22.55 pm.png IMG_8847.PNG IMG_8846.PNG

I wish we can have some "reevaluate geofence status" button or something which check and correct the profile

I think currently geofence is not detected properly and thus broken again..

its

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think what I am seeing for Location Privacy in iOS 11.1.1 and iPhone X that for Blue Iris the only option is "Never" - That doesn't seem right...

Probably that's why geo fence is also broken...