BI stops responding to movement trigger

Har

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Folks
Here’s my problem. When movement triggers my camera the camera records for whatever time period has been set in the “Break Time” setting in the Trigger tab.
In my case I’ve set break time to 120 seconds.

Problem is that even if there is still movement after that 120 seconds has elapsed, the camera stops recording. It appears that it then does not respond to any movement for an undisclosed time.

How can I set it to record for as long as there is some movement?

Many thanks

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Post some screenshots of your settings. It should continue unless you somehow have unchecked something or have a minimum time between alerts set in the alerts tab.

Are you using BI motion for the trigger or pulling ONVIF triggers from the camera?

Har

n3wb
Reaction score
Post some screenshots of your settings. It should continue unless you somehow have unchecked something or have a minimum time between alerts set in the alerts tab.

Are you using BI motion for the trigger or pulling ONVIF triggers from the camera?
Hi wittaj, I attached two screen grabs of my settings. I'm just using BI for motion (I think!)

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That looks correct - send a screenshot of the alerts tab - let's make sure nothing is hiding in there.

I wouldn't think 120 seconds is an issue. But sometimes a camera gets buggy and if nothing is in alerts, sometimes deleting the camera from BI and adding it back resolves issues.

Har

n3wb
Reaction score
That looks correct - send a screenshot of the alerts tab - let's make sure nothing is hiding in there.

I wouldn't think 120 seconds is an issue. But sometimes a camera gets buggy and if nothing is in alerts, sometimes deleting the camera from BI and adding it back resolves issues.
Thanks wittaj, here's a grab of the alerts settings.

Attachments

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
perhaps that "also re-triggers" checkbox ? also, please show your motion detector settings, and possibly a sample video of the action that's not resulting in continued recording...

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
All of that matches up to what my cameras show. I think a delete and add back is the next thing.

Har

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm after reinstalling the camera and tested it (by walking in circles in view of the cam for nearly 3 mins!) and it recorded perfectly. Looks like reinstalling it might have sorted the issue. Many thanks for taking the time guys, really appreciate the help :clap: