BI Settings vs Camera Settings

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I followed some guides for camera settings for BI like Direct to Disc, typically 15fps, match fps of main stream and sub stream, What is not clear to me is what I should set on the camera itself. For instance should the camera fps match the fps I set in BI? Also, with Direct to Disc enabled are all the video quality parameters (CBR vs VBR, I-frame, max bps, ??) controlled by the camera or are there some other parameters in BI that still influence image quality and size (my understanding was that Direct to Disc is just taking whatever comes from the cameras and stores it without modification so it seems video quality and video size is solely controlled by BI for the main stream).

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You set up all parameters like brightness/contrast,FPS,etc in the camera itself.

The FPS setting you see in BI only works for USB cameras and you shouldn't change it.

rfj

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok, so all of this is done on the cams. What about the image format size (like 1920x1080)? I set those in BI. Should I fix this by just matching it with what I have set on the cameras (which for all is the full resolution).

Well, I changed the fps for all cams to 15 in BI. So now that I have messed that up what do I do? Of does it not matter when I set Direct to Disc?