BI Server locking up after latest Windows Update

Spooling

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey guys;

I've been running a reliable dedicated BI 5 Server for years. On the most recent MS update the computer is locking up pretty much daily.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64 21H2, and the latest update brought the Intel Display driver to 30.0.101.1340. I think that this may be the culprit.

Has anyone else noticed an issue with this Intel driver?

I've disabled GPU acceleration for now to see if it becomes more reliable again. I also noticed that Intel has 30.0.101.1660 on their website, so I may try to update to that as well.

Spooling

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So day 1 update. After disabling GPU acceleration, the system appears stable again.

I've now updated to the 1660 driver and have turned GPU acceleration back on to see if it remains stable.

Updates to follow.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Many here have found with recent BI updates that hardware acceleration is problematic for some people.

Plus with the substreams option now available, the CPU% needed to offload video to the GPU for processing is more CPU% than the savings.

Spooling

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. I do think I noticed that usage went up when I enabled gpu acceleration, maybe I'll just leave it off. I'm running continuous record on the lower substream.