BI pricing

cinder1975

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

sorry for the silly question that I’m about to ask, but I’m a bit confused on the BI 5 pricing and was hoping someone could give be a bit of clarity to my options. I tried to go through the forums but I’m not really getting anywhere.

I currently run BI4, which I upgraded to from BI3. I have installed BI 5 on my computer which copied the licence key over but then went into demo mode (expected) so now I want to purchase a full licence for BI5.

I see there are yearly support options starting at $29 USD, and have read posts saying there is a one off purchase for $35 USD, but I can’t seem to find that and on the BI website the one of purchase I can see seems to be $69 USD, so not sure if the price has gone up since previous posts stating the $35 one off payment or if I’m just looking in the wrong place and the $69 is for a completely new licence and the $35 is an upgrade fee for existing licences etc?

I also see that the IPCam store has a $54 usd price point, but not sure if this is different in some way to the other options.

Can someone please give me some direction/clarity on the above, and also advise what the best option may be in terms of which to purchase if they do all in fact differ?

Thanks guys. Really appreciate any help I can get with this.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Purchasing any extended support plan and applying it to a BI version 4 license will permanently upgrade the version 4 license to version 5. Then you are allowed to use any Blue Iris 5 version with a release date earlier than the expiration of your support plan. It doesn't need to be the $34.95 option (that is just an option that lets you buy the support one year at a time without the hassle of disabling auto renewal through the web store).

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
There you have it. bp2008 had the full explanation. I, as a Joe 5 Pack ( 1 can short of a full six pack) cannot be expected to have such detailed knowledge. :)

cinder1975

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks guys much appreciated. I did the $34.95 upgrade.

So if I want to put BI5 on a 2nd computer, the $54 licence through the ipcamtalk store will be fine for that?

Again, thanks for the above advice guys.

MikeLud1

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks guys much appreciated. I did the $34.95 upgrade.

So if I want to put BI5 on a 2nd computer, the $54 licence through the ipcamtalk store will be fine for that?

Again, thanks for the above advice guys.
Email Blue Iris support that you want to purchase a second license they may send you a discount code for the second license. It worked for me.

Last edited:

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I received a reply today from BI...

"It looks like you were "grandfathered" into the old Priority maintenance and support price before it increased, so yes, for you this is the correct price for the renewal."

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I received a reply today from BI...

"It looks like you were "grandfathered" into the old Priority maintenance and support price before it increased, so yes, for you this is the correct price for the renewal."
So you have the priority plan?