BI Events triggering, but some video missing

EricB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I keep seeing a similar pattern happening with BI and recorded clips. I think I know what the cause is, but want to get verification or know if it something I have not thought of.

In "Live" view I see everything that is happening, but the clips are missing information.

I have had this happen multiple times, the easiest to describe scenarios are ...
Scenario 1
1. Delivery guy drove up, BI played trigger sound.​
2. Clip shows vehicle pull up and then go into the back of the truck (not exiting the truck)​
3. Clip then shows the delivery guy halfway up the sidewalk or closer to the house, but did not show him getting out of the truck and walking up until he was already halfway up the sidewalk.​

Scenario 2
1. I go out the door.​
2. Clip shows me walking down the walk and standing by the vehicle​
3. A minute or so later I walk back up the walkway and the recording picks me up halfway up the walkway, but not walking from the vehicle to the walkway.​

My thought is that the motion sensor is getting tripped, and the recording takes place, and then even though the person is in view, the recording is stopped because the "recording time" has expired, and then when the motion trigger gets tripped a second time and the recording starts again.

The problem with this explanation is:
In Scenario 1, the motion detection was tripped initially when the vehicle pulled up, it should be tripped when the driver gets out of the vehicle​
and
in Scenario 2, I should trip the motion sensor when I turn around and start walking back towards the camera, not after I have walked 10-15 feet.​

Any ideas on what is happening?

Thanks,

Eric

EricB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
They should be the defaults, I don't remember changing them - but that doesn't mean I didn't change them :)

Screen Cap - Blue Iris - Trigger Settings - EmpireTech - Test.png

EricB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@TonyR

I haven't had a chance to read that section yet (the manual is printing as I write this), but I am thinking the problem was with the Amcrest doorbell.

Once I disconnected the doorbell, it appears that the 5442T is no longer having the same issues.

After you pointed that out, I took a look and thought it might be the cause of the issue I was suddenly having where the BI decided to give me multiple alerts on any motion a lot of the motion detection - especially stuff that was closer to the house.

I turned both settings off and found that it multiple alerts went away.

Unfortunately, I also found that BI was no longer alerting me when cars were entering the far end of the driveway.

I turned off the BI "Motion Sensor" and turned the "Camera's digital input or motion alarm" back on (and left the "Trigger until reset" off) and now I am getting alerts from close up and out to the end of the driveway, so that works more like what I wanted.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Eric