BI detect and re-configure IP camera that changes IP ?

moomoo55

n3wb
Reaction score
i dont have static ip on the dahua ipcams, i was having issues when power goes down and dhcp came back and something would mess up and block access to the cams
anyway... cams are not static, and been using DW/NX which recognizes and re-configures the same camera when the IP changes, and continues recording etc

can BI do that? if cam ip changes then re-configure the config with the new ip ?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The solution is simple, just assign each camera its' own IP address rather than rely on DHCP. Just make sure that the addresses you use are outside of the range of the DHCP pool on the router.

BI can look for cameras without an IP, but you will need to supply a user name and password. Right click on the camera, select "camera settings", the very first option, then select the "video" tab then select "configure" again which is on the right side about halfway down that pane. Follow the prompts there but leave the IP address blank.

To be honest, I've always set the IP of my cameras manually before adding them to BI and have never tried without an IP. You may get multiple results so be careful or you'll end up with them all mixed up and mix up the motion, recording and other settings. This is exactly why it's important to set the IP of every camera manually to a fixed address.