BI crashing when webserver is viewed

sgt-flippy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Today I noticed on my Sharptools tablet, the cameras were down. Usually this is fixed by a refresh, but nothing.
When I looked at my blue iris server, I noticed nothing special, untill I tried to look at my phone dashboard while at the PC.
The moment I tried viewing the cameras and the page opened, I would get 1 still frame from 1 of 3 cameras and the blue iris app on my pc would stop and close. Sometimes reboot by itself. Sometimes not.

Anyone an idea what could cause this? I removed the camera tiles from Sharptools and blue iris stopped crashing.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Anyone an idea what could cause this? I removed the camera tiles from Sharptools and blue iris stopped crashing.
Sounds like the problem is with Sharptools, not BI.

Do you see any problems viewing the web server with a browser or the BI app?

jrbeddow

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not sure if this applies, it could be related to the fix that was just implemented yesterday (last two sentences in this post):

sgt-flippy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I discovered 1 single camera was causing the issue. I removed it and added it back and it seems to have fixed the issue ‍

To add info anyway: it was my Hikvision camera, When viewing from BI there was no issue from whatever medium I viewed, but direct view from local or external address made it crash.

Reaction score
I tried deleting and re-adding one of my cameras however any time I attempted to access the mjpg feed in a web browser the service would restart. h264 web feeds in vlc were fine, jpg image pulls in a web browser were fine as well. Upgrading 6.5.4.2 to 5.6.5.0 did not resolve the issue. downgrading to 5.6.3.7 did bring me back to a working mjpg web interface.