BI clips and archiving

Reaction score
I want to have front cameras record continuously as well as have alerts. I set up mirroring on those cameras. One for motion, one for continuous and changed destination folders to new_alerts and new_continuous, then on D drive to stored_alerts and stored_continuous to be stored after 7 days, but under clips and archiving, I do not have a choice of stored alerts folder even though I changed names in settings. I rebooted, but not all names of new folders there as a choice. Puzzling.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I want to have front cameras record continuously as well as have alerts. I set up mirroring on those cameras. One for motion, one for continuous and changed destination folders to new_alerts and new_continuous, then on D drive to stored_alerts and stored_continuous to be stored after 7 days, but under clips and archiving, I do not have a choice of stored alerts folder even though I changed names in settings. I rebooted, but not all names of new folders there as a choice. Puzzling.
you do not need to clone the cameras to get continuous recording and alerts.
set record to "continuous" NOT the other options...then simply setup motion detection...

Reaction score
saw a video where guy set up profiles for motion and continuous and stored clips separately, but this did same thing and easier. Thanks. Guess i was overthinking it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
saw a video where guy set up profiles for motion and continuous and stored clips separately, but this did same thing and easier. Thanks. Guess i was overthinking it.
its not only easier but it saves space...makes no sense to record the same event twice..