BI App Resolution

srvfan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Good morning,

Over the past week, I have been working to familiarize myself more with BI and the massive amount of options it provides. I must say that I am blown away with the power it provides, and I know that I have not even scratched the surface yet. My current set up mainly consists of cameras running into a Lorex NVR and then into BI.

With this configuration, I have the option of accessing my cameras via the BI iOS mobile app, the Lorex iOS mobile app, or through the Safari browser/UI3 set up. My initial thought was to use BI to push the alerts and then access the video stream, if necessary, through the Lorex app. By utilizing the Lorex mobile app, I have access to the camera microphone for two-way audio.

When accessing the video feeds via the Lorex app or through Safari/UI3, the resolution is great and CPU usage appears to be minimally increased. When utilizing the BI app, I notice that CPU percentage increases quite a bit, and the video feed seems extremely pixilated and grainy. Even as I go back and review clips and alerts on the BI app, I have the same issue with resolution and CPU. Has anyone else experienced these issues utilizing the BI app? I made sure that the version on the phone was the latest (as of this writing, 2.00.32). At this point, I have no issue with accessing via the Lorex app, but that could change if I continue to add cameras that are not of that brand.

Also, is the practice of utilizing Safari/UI3 safe? I have my browser set to automatically log in, and the credentials are set up as a local viewer/non-admin.

Thank you!