BI Activation

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased and downloaded BI on my desktop, but later decided to put it on a more powerful computer with more CPU power. My question is - do I have to buy another activation or do I simply deactivate BI on the other computer and use the activation key that I received when I activated it on the first/original computer. Right now I am running BI on the newer/more powerful computer that says 'evaluation version'.

Many thanks in advance
Rick

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased and downloaded BI on my desktop, but later decided to put it on a more powerful computer with more CPU power. My question is - do I have to buy another activation or do I simply deactivate BI on the other computer and use the activation key that I received when I activated it on the first/original computer. Right now I am running BI on the newer/more powerful computer that says 'evaluation version'.

Many thanks in advance
Rick
If BI has been installed and activated on one PC just deactivate it on that PC, then install and activate it on the other PC.

FIRST: On the BI PC currently running the activated BI:
  • Go to BI "settings" => "About", click on "Email support" button at lower right; that'll copy your license info, etc. into the clipboard.
  • Open notepad or any text editor and "Paste" (Control -V) that info from the clipboard and save it somewhere you can find it.
  • Then perform the above deactivate/activate process.

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Many thanks in advance
Rick
Thank you! that's what I thought but not 100% you guys have a good evening