Better camera than HDW5231 for good lighting?

jonubi09

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Really like this forum and the information here. I did a lot of research on here for my last IP camera install and put together a system of 8 HDW5231 eyeball cams and a Synology NVR (which I now wish I would have bought the Dahua NVR). I purchased the 5231's because of the countless good reviews especially for the low-light performance, which I was looking for, and they have not disappointed.

Now, I am doing another install and for this install, low light is not a requirement.
This person has ample flood lights around their property and plenty of light. Their current analog camera system never goes into IR mode (according to the owner).

For a system not requiring good low-light performance, what camera would work best?
Is there a camera rivaling quality of the 5231 but with more than 2MP out there?
I have been looking at the HDW5631R-ZE 6MP but have been seeing mixed reviews.

Any thoughts?

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Really like this forum and the information here. I did a lot of research on here for my last IP camera install and put together a system of 8 HDW5231 eyeball cams and a Synology NVR (which I now wish I would have bought the Dahua NVR). I purchased the 5231's because of the countless good reviews especially for the low-light performance, which I was looking for, and they have not disappointed.

Now, I am doing another install and for this install, low light is not a requirement.
This person has ample flood lights around their property and plenty of light. Their current analog camera system never goes into IR mode (according to the owner).

For a system not requiring good low-light performance, what camera would work best?
Is there a camera rivaling quality of the 5231 but with more than 2MP out there?

Any thoughts?
Actually 6mp is bit sharper in the night and price not such expensive. You add flood light, then no problem at all.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Any thoughts?
I would stick with the tried and true 5231.