Best low light camera for outdoors?

SAVideoman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm in the process of installing wiring for a pair of surveillance cameras at the back of my property that is adjacent to a greenbelt area. It is totally pitch black out there at night so I plan to add some external IR lights. There has been at least one known break in at a neighbor's house where the thief used this greenbelt for access. I just purchased a Dahua HDW4231EM-ASE Starlight camera from Andy to install there to evaluate it's performance. If it doesn't work out well, that's ok as I can always use it someplace else less critical.

Does anyone know of a reasonably priced camera that will have better low light performance than the Dahua Starlight cameras? Here is a pic of the greenbelt area next to my fence. Thank you for your help!

GreenBelt.jpg

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm in the process of installing wiring for a pair of surveillance cameras at the back of my property that is adjacent to a greenbelt area. It is totally pitch black out there at night so I plan to add some external IR lights. There has been at least one known break in at a neighbor's house where the thief used this greenbelt for access. I just purchased a Dahua HDW4231EM-ASE Starlight camera from Andy to install there to evaluate it's performance. If it doesn't work out well, that's ok as I can always use it someplace else less critical.

Does anyone know of a reasonably priced camera that will have better low light performance than the Dahua Starlight cameras? Here is a pic of the greenbelt area next to my fence. Thank you for your help!

Hi SAVideo,

Currently the Dahua OEM starlight ARE the reasonably priced low light performance leaders for security cameras.