Beginners guide to CodeProject

Reaction score
I added Code Project to my BlueIris, got it set up, but feel there's either some options I am missing, or a "next step" I don't know to take.
I go to a camera, properties, trigger, AI, and set CodeProject to detect for the things.
I have gone to blueiris, settings, AI, and detect objects is high, and my folders look good.
I can see the services are running, and if I click on the explorer I can also see where I can register faces and such, but that is as far as I have been able to go. I see that BI has been recognizing faces and dropping their thumbnails in the clips timeline, but no options to name them, or categorize them, or anything else. And looking at some of the posts from this forum, it is capable of much more than that as well, and I need to know how to do that.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I added Code Project to my BlueIris, got it set up, but feel there's either some options I am missing, or a "next step" I don't know to take.
I go to a camera, properties, trigger, AI, and set CodeProject to detect for the things.
I have gone to blueiris, settings, AI, and detect objects is high, and my folders look good.
I can see the services are running, and if I click on the explorer I can also see where I can register faces and such, but that is as far as I have been able to go. I see that BI has been recognizing faces and dropping their thumbnails in the clips timeline, but no options to name them, or categorize them, or anything else. And looking at some of the posts from this forum, it is capable of much more than that as well, and I need to know how to do that.
I used this on Google ==>> site:ipcamtalk.com Code Project to find this ==>> A Guide to CodeProject.AI Server

truglo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Having setup CPAI twice recently, once with CPU and once with CUDA, I have to say that guide page is not much of a beginners guide. There's lots of info on compiling and working on internals, which is hardly newb material. The closest thing might be the link to that wyze cam walkthrough, but even that has lots of extraneous info (mostly dahua, hik, etc here) and leaves a lot of key info out. IMHO cpai is pretty simple to install and operate. IMHO though, nobody has put together a truly coherent beginners guide, that has complete setup/tuning info, and leaves out any extraneous steps.

truglo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It has been a while since I've put much time into such a project, and I figure something like this is within my reach. This month my schedule is packed with 2 of my kids having out of town sport events every weekend, and thanks to the storms arriving at the same time as long awaited building permits, my free time will be scant for the next several weeks. I figure by then someone else will already have a decent "quickstart guide" done by then.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
LOL the link above was in October and it is the best we got, so I doubt a quickstart guide will be done before you could put one together LOL

Reaction score
Having setup CPAI twice recently, once with CPU and once with CUDA, I have to say that guide page is not much of a beginners guide. There's lots of info on compiling and working on internals, which is hardly newb material. The closest thing might be the link to that wyze cam walkthrough, but even that has lots of extraneous info (mostly dahua, hik, etc here) and leaves a lot of key info out. IMHO cpai is pretty simple to install and operate. IMHO though, nobody has put together a truly coherent beginners guide, that has complete setup/tuning info, and leaves out any extraneous steps.
How did you get the CUDA working? I added a P1000 to the server to hopfully handle the AI, but whenever I "Enable GPU" in Code Project it restarts the services, but goes right back to CPU. Not sure if the P1000 is supported or not, but I'm a little stuck

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
How did you get the CUDA working? I added a P1000 to the server to hopfully handle the AI, but whenever I "Enable GPU" in Code Project it restarts the services, but goes right back to CPU. Not sure if the P1000 is supported or not, but I'm a little stuck

CUDA - Wikipedia

truglo

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
When you added the p1000, did you follow the info to install the correct driver, cuda toolkit, and cuDNN?:

In case you didn't find the correct driver, here is the link to the one that works for me (seach "cuda r515 u3"):

When installing the cuda toolkit, the installer mentions visual studio dependencies. I installed just VS 2022 community version or whatever (not 2017 etc).

After I did the above installations of cuda stuff, I installed cpai 1.6.8, and enabled it in BI. After that, the CUDA box in BI was checked by default, and the CPAI control panel showed GPU (CUDA)... and worked fine with no error messages. Don't despair... P1000 is supported, you probably just missed a step or have to redo some stuff to get it working. CPAI kicks a** with my p400... 50ms makes with the medium size custom models.

Sandman_01

n3wb
Reaction score
I have an r720 and was about to build an i7 rack mount for BI but then I came across code project. I picked up a Tesla p4 on ebay and my CPU is no longer spiking. Everything looks to be running great! Thank you CPAI.