Battery powered wifi to phone outdoor camera - Dahua?

juliand

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Does Dahua or another name brand make a security camera to surveil a construction site ?
must be self powered, and able to connect to my android phone or android tablet via blustooth or my wifi hot spot.
any suggestions? I need something decent.
I'm looking at trail cameras, but they always seem to have some shortcomings, like no alerts that I can view when connected to.

adamdylan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
hey Juliand im looking for same still searching myself but reolink seem to be coming up a lot. good luck...

adamdylan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Juliand Construction site cameras

Did you find anything?

I looked into it my end and best I could find is the Anker Eufycam2c

1) Main thing is no subscription
2)16GB EMMC, 3 Months local storage
3) quality seems good.
4) Two way audio too!
5) Looks like you can also hook up to power / recharge at end of day.

So if worker has problem he can take a cam and show you.

So what im thinking is building a protected box for each to sit in and on and ask worker to take to where hes working (and charge up over night)
That way I can regularly check in to see everything is ok and respond to any questions and problem solve right away

(Eufycam 2 has a sony starvis sensor for low light if you need that but is more expensive)

1618664350588.png

Written Review
Overall I think the eufyCam 2C is superb and there is very little if anything competing with this at this price.
eufyCam 2C Review – Is it better than the ANKER eufyCam E & Arlo HD?

Youtube in action
Blink XT2 vs Eufy Cam E - Battery Powered WiFi Security Cameras | No Monthly Subscription

Take a look at the links and let me know what you think.

Last edited:

juliand

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for coming back on this thread

I ended up buying a Toguard H85 digital trail camera to try out. (after looking at countless real and fake reviews of tons of other cams out there)
I am able to securely lock this up about 10' ft. high, wrapped around a post. Important..
6 batteries that are supposed to last 6 mos. to a year.. we'll see..
32 sd card - for retrieval of videos if needed.
It has wifi to my phone to view alert pics taken during a schedule that I can set.
The wifi signal sucks.. I have to be like 10' away or less in order for it to connect. It goes through a bluetooth phase and a wifi hotspot phase to connect. It can be touchy..

20 mp images are a joke..I knew it would be.. no contrast or controls at all to help with conditions, no zoom or focus ability. (I guess I'm spoiled using Dahua 4mp IP cams).

It does seem to work though, day and night, so I am using it, and it was about 100.00 plus batteries and card, and cable lock.

Its for a construction site, (independent from internet and power) monitoring the ignorant and dumb intruders, before and after work hours. -- So a smart intruder will just cover it with a bag from behind it and uncover it when they leave. (Trail cameras aren't usually exposed to animal threats)
Cellular service is kind of crappy out there, so an expensive cellular camera, with an expensive cellular service fee, would have expensive shitty coverage.

I wouldn't mind a 5442 series, all beefed up, and with on board hotspot for a couple of hundred extra dollars.

djrobinsa

n3wb
Reaction score
Does Dahua or another name brand make a security camera to surveil a construction site ?
must be self powered, and able to connect to my android phone or android tablet via blustooth or my wifi hot spot.
any suggestions? I need something decent.
I'm looking at trail cameras, but they always seem to have some shortcomings, like no alerts that I can view when connected to.
Here is a product you might like from Dahua:

juliand

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
my phone is creating the wifi hot spot when I am present, near the camera.
maybe that is throwing the choices off target.
there is also no way to keep these cable locked to a permanent support.
if the same type of camera was available with the same features I have, was just made to a little better specs and maybe adjustabilty in the lens, sensor, and transmitting distances, it would be worlds better.
The construction industry could really benefit from such. wireless and battery tech is out there, it's taking forever to deliver...
I don't want to be sitting under the camera to retrieve pics, and removing the card to view them is not happening, when its locked up out of normal reach, and trying to remain somewhat stealthy.

djrobinsa

n3wb
Reaction score
I have some at home and they def have a place in the market ..
Pic quality is good even IR
Motion sensored
removable mountings
2 way voice
also have a full range of solar cameras, bullets, domes / PTZ etc... a great feature is they connection to web... The base is hardwired to your AP and the cameras connect to the base ... no noticeable speed interference on your Home wifi... usb drive connection for recording ... easy to setup and includes a wireless alarm panel if required ... neat

Attachments

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The proof of "good image" is motion at night, with IR, and NO BLURRING. I have yet to see that from any of these toys. Again, with no pre-trigger or post trigger recording too much gets missed.

djrobinsa

n3wb
Reaction score
The proof of "good image" is motion at night, with IR, and NO BLURRING. I have yet to see that from any of these toys. Again, with no pre-trigger or post trigger recording too much gets missed.
True story yes ... i havent played with recording to see pre / post settings etc ... as a dahua diststributer here in SA i was asked to test for ease of use install etc ... but ill gladly share a nite time IR video asap