Basic indoor ptz camera?

cali_guy_0024

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm using a couple old Foscams that are probably like 10 years old by now. Want to get a new indoor ptz with better clarity. But, all the "indoor" rated ptz looks like they are just the same ones from Foscam but re-branded. Any recommendation on an indoor "sit on the self" ptz camera?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1 on what @sebastiantombs said about the Amcrest IP2M-841, I have 4 of them and 3 are on their own dedicated Asus AP (a wireless router set to AP mode).
It's a re-branded Dahua and is ONVIF compatible, provides RTSP, is 1080p (Full HD), IR, 2-way audio, has pan/tilt/digital zoom, record to micro SD card, wired or wireless, great with Blue Iris, VLC, etc. Comes with wall/ceiling mount, 1/4"-20 tripod mount female insert on bottom. Available in black or white for under $40, can be mounted upside-down and the image inverted as needed. Note that its zoom is digital, not optical, as are most indoor cams of this genre and price point.

It comes with a USB Type A male to USB micro male cord, about 10 feet long and is furnished with a UL-Listed 5VDC @ 1.5A adapter with Type A female USB.

FWIW, there's a 4MP version for $55 == >> Amcrest 4MP UltraHD Indoor WiFi Camera, Security IP Camera with Pan/Tilt, Two-Way Audio, Night Vision, Remote Viewing, 2.4ghz, 4-Megapixel @30FPS, Wide 90° FOV, IP4M-1041W (White)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Malish

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm looking for the exact same thing and the Amcrest sound almost perfect. They're only missing POE, I know they used to make basically the exact same camera with POE but I am struggling to find them. Does anyone have a recommendation or an alternative product.
POE, PTZ, under $75
Thanks in advance.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking for the exact same thing and the Amcrest sound almost perfect. They're only missing POE, I know they used to make basically the exact same camera with POE but I am struggling to find them. Does anyone have a recommendation or an alternative product.
POE, PTZ, under $75
Thanks in advance.
Since you're still talking indoor (I assume as the OP did), I'd go with the 841 suggested above and go with this 802.3af POE to 5 volt DC splitter.

Last edited:

Malish

n3wb
Reaction score
how well do those adapters hold up in an environment like an attic?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
how well do those adapters hold up in an environment like an attic?
I could find no specific operating temps in their brochure here, but I think it's safe to say it depends on the temperature extremes of its environment.
What would those temp extremes be be in your case?

Malish

n3wb
Reaction score
I could find no specific operating temps in their brochure here, but I think it's safe to say it depends on the temperature extremes of its environment.
What would those temp extremes be be in your case?
Indiana summer and winter
-10F in the winter 120-130F in the summer.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So not well at all.
Well as @TonyR mentions, it is based on the temp extremes. Mine has been fine for years in similar temp ranges as you posted. But if it is that much of a concern, can't you get the adapter out of the attic?

Malish

n3wb
Reaction score
Well as @TonyR mentions, it is based on the temp extremes. Mine has been fine for years in similar temp ranges as you posted. But if it is that much of a concern, can't you get the adapter out of the attic?
Technically I could but then I'd have to mount the adapter to the ceiling and it would look awful.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Junction box?

Or it is $10 so buy a spare and see how long it lasts.