Basic admin for SRICam devices

fishman9

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All

As a new correspondent here, and reading the many related posts, I am aware that the purists amongst you frown on SRICam devices. In spite of this, I have one indoor SP005 and three outdoor SP007 devices running fine, wirelessly and motion-activated, under Blue Iris (excellent software) !

In keeping with many budget electronic devices, the manufacturers software is useless when it comes to the fine configuration. The two things which I have so far been unable to do are :-

a) set a static IP on each device
b) switch off the cameras internal time/date display or set its internal time zone correctly

Whilst neither are critical to their operation, I have only ever managed to connect the SP005 to the SRICam Android App but it doesn't seem to want to save the change to a statically-addressed device and there doesn't seem to be any setting to switch off the time/date display anyway ? My SP007 devices just don't seem to register ?? I am using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (April update) and have tried running the manufacturers two pc-based configuration programs - natively as admin users and in varying compatibility modes - but neither seem able to actually do much and most of the current documentation says "configure using the App". I have emailed SRICam asking the same questions as above but I was wondering if anyone on the Forum had successfully fine-tuned any of these devices ?

I am an experienced IT pro but am relatively new to camera security systems and the protocols that they use. Accordingly, I am unsure as to whether the devices internal settings are standardised in any way that would allow configuration by third-party software ? Any help anyone is able to give me would be much appreciated (please don't bother telling me I should have purchased a different model of camera).

Thanks in anticipation !

Bob Clarke