Backup to Google Drive using FTP open with APP

Rasocash

n3wb
Reaction score
How/can I connect the Android app to the cloud backup. This is the simplest way I can think of to view videos without opening ports. I don't need the other functionality.

Rasocash

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks, but that doesn't apply. All the app needs to do is be able to use FTP to download the backup file. Not looking for anything live. I'll get a notification with a clip, I want to see more without sacrificing security.

Reaction score
Thanks, but that doesn't apply. All the app needs to do is be able to use FTP to download the backup file. Not looking for anything live. I'll get a notification with a clip, I want to see more without sacrificing security.
OK--- so you want your BI server to send clips to Google Drive? If you got that to work, why not just go to google drive and look at what you want to look at?
If you are using the app to see what is happening with your cams--- are you using a VPN to connect the app with your network? If not, then you already opened a big gaping security hole in your network.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The app doesnt download any files it also relies on the database. You cannot do what you want.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It does apply, it prevents the need to open ports for the app.
You are trying to re-invent the wheel, use the Blue Iris phone app for its designed function.
Or

Reaction score
It does apply, it prevents the need to open ports for the app.
You are trying to re-invent the wheel, use the Blue Iris phone app for its designed function.
Or
I finally got around to watching this and setting it up--- Excellent!! Thanks for posting. I have not had off-network access to my cameras since I turned off my dynamic dns port-forwarded access in my router... this was too easy after a very frustrating time with OpenVPN.