axis Q6045 when i zoom in i get this double image

nelson maldonado

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
/1587925239749.png
i have axis Q6045 when i zoom in i get this double image the more i zoom in the worse it looks is this a lenses problem or alignment? don't want to send it out to be fixed their rates are outrageous maybe diy?

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Its a focus problem have you tried manual focus ?

BICK

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
have you tried to contact axis chat support ?

BICK

nelson maldonado

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
They said it was a discontinued model to upgrade to the new model local distributor here pretty much said the same thing there is a service guy I could mail it to in New York I don't want to spend $1,000 to get it reconditioned. The camera still works but I really like the zoom in on license plates really wanted to find out if other people had the same thing happened and if they had it fixed

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
They said it was a discontinued model to upgrade to the new model local distributor here pretty much said the same thing there is a service guy I could mail it to in New York I don't want to spend $1,000 to get it reconditioned. The camera still works but I really like the zoom in on license plates really wanted to find out if other people had the same thing happened and if they had it fixed
They must be joking. You could buy a new axis camera for less than that or you can buy cameras that produce better images for under $200 From reliable brands.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
i have axis Q6045 when i zoom in i get this double image the more i zoom in the worse it looks is this a lenses problem or alignment? don't want to send it out to be fixed their rates are outrageous maybe diy?
I'd give HD Cameras USA a call and ask for an evaluation & estimate to repair (if they will or can). Also, I wouldn't tell them what Axis said either. They're BBB accredited and have 4 offices in FL, one is in Orlando near you. I have no experience or affiliation with them, just searched on BBB.org for an accredited vendor near you.

If you were happy with the cam before, it might be worth a hundred bucks to you to get a warranted repair. Good luck!