Axis PTZs lifespan

ThreeWales

n3wb
Reaction score
What is average lifespan of an Axis PTZ?
I have Q60 series dropping like flies at approximately 2.5-3 year mark since the install. Control boards dying, etc.
Is it just my batch or is this expected?

Reaction score
I just had my Q6115E fail for second time. This time, 6 months out of warranty. $1050 for replacement. New one is approx $3 k. Hope this is not representative of Axis cameras.

ryan99alero

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Kind of a late response but I run them at my Office and recently home. I have one that is over 5 years old. One reason some may fail is not properly grounding your equipment. Any outdoor Camera's should also have their POE network run protected. Your internet equipment / switching gear should have their own isolated grounding rod. Including racks if you got them. Out of all the PTZ Axis camera's we had one die and it was after a thunderstorm and was our first POE Camera. Thats when we learned to isolate and protect. It also helps protect your switching gear if you have expense gear. For most homes that has a $40 switch not a big deal. A business or extreme home guru that has high end switches its costly.

I have several Q6128E, Q6032E, Q6035E and M3007.