AXIS P3717-PLE

dgonzalezO4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is it possible to stream all (4) camera on a dahua NVR5216-4KS2E? If not, then I have no choice but to post it for sale.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I would suggest finding the stream URL of the camera and adding those manually to the Dahua NVR.
I've done similar to get Axis cameras on my Dahua NVR.

RTSP (stream url) will have a mention to 'channel' in the string. Like "channel=0", the stream number is each camera in the unit. It's either 1 to 4 or 0 to 3.

Find that RTSP URL and post back here.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hmm... Okay.
This might be fun finding the streams for each camera individually.

I get rtsp:/admin_ipcamtalk:ipcamtalk_password@10.1.1.1/axis-media/media.amp with their calculator, that doesn't have anything about the stream from each camera.

I'll dig around a bit more.

dgonzalezO4

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am able to access the camera settings via labtop and believe I found some setting in regards to the rtsp. But how exactly do you add that info to the nvr? I have never done that type of add.

Mark_M

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Manual add and enter the mainstream URL and sub stream URL.
1640046788504.png

Sub stream isn't strictly needed, But when your NVR is displaying more than 4 cameras at once it needs it (viewing via the NVR's HDMI or VGA out).
It still records the mainstream without issues, but the substream is what it displays when there's many cameras decoded at once on screen.