Audio stops working on some cameras until soft-reboot is performed

Reaction score
I'm currently running BI 5.6.3.7 on Windows. I have several Reolink E1 outdoor cameras and a Reolink doorbell. I know that Reolink typically isn't the most recommended but I bought them when I was still trying to figure everything out. These particular cameras do support changing the I-frame and I've found that the AI detection has been very reliable for me.

The audio issue does not seem to affect the doorbell camera and audio seems to consistently work.

With the other Reolink E1 outdoor cameras. Audio works on all cameras when the BI service is restarted. Audio is clear on each camera from within the Blue Iris application, UI3, and recorded in alerts. Eventually, the audio will stop working on the cameras. To get it working again, I can perform a soft-reboot from BI and the audio starts working again as expected. The audio always works in the Reolink app.

There are no issues with the video. I'm getting a 15fps with key frame of 1.0 for every camera (except the doorbell where the key frame cannot be changed, but I'm told it's coming in an update) at 4.9MP. Every camera is hardwired (except the doorbell which is on 5Ghz wifi).

Any suggestions?

nblinney

n3wb
Reaction score
I noticed the same issue with 3 Reolink 833A cameras where audio drops and is fixed by using the “restart camera” function in BI 5.7.3.0 but audio is always working in the Reolink app.
I also have a Reolink Duo 2 which works fine in BI.

Anyone have any ideas / suggestions?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Look around the forum. It is common knowledge that Reolink doesn't play well with BI. It is getting better, but still issues.

It will work in the Reolink app as that app was designed specifically for Reolink. BI is designed to work with many cameras and the further away a manufacturer gets from ONVIF standards, the more likely there will be issues.

nblinney

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes I have seen a lot of that. It just seems weird to me that everything works fine initially but then only the audio stops on some of the cameras at different times. It’s not like it doesn’t work at all.

I’m hoping there might be a relatively simple explanation / fix that someone smarter than me may be able to figure out.

Reaction score
Yes I have seen a lot of that. It just seems weird to me that everything works fine initially but then only the audio stops on some of the cameras at different times. It’s not like it doesn’t work at all.

I’m hoping there might be a relatively simple explanation / fix that someone smarter than me may be able to figure out.
Thanks for confirming that it's just just me, I'll follow-up here if I manage to find a solution.

Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks. I changed the setting. The only reason it raised concern was because there was a heated conversation earlier and my audio feed was out for the past 20 hours without realizing. RLC 811a. I was really hoping for some entertainment, but was shocked when there was no audio.

UPDATE: One week later, and audio has not yet dropped. Working fine.

Last edited: