Audio not being pass thru Foscam cameras

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have the latest version of Blue Iris and using Foscam PTZ cameras. When I use the Blueiris Android software and speak thru my Android phone, I can’t hear the audio coming thru any of the cameras. If someone is talking in front of one of the cameras, I can hear them thru my phone. When I go thru Internet Explorer on my local laptop, and I use Foscam's interface, I can talk thru the camera just fine (I can hear my voice coming thru the camera), its just not working thru BlueIris. This is true for all cameras I have.

Here is some troubleshooting although I dont think this was going the right direction:
Questions: On Options/Audio, have you configured the microphone, and made sure that the audio output is left as "unspecified"
When talking on the camera, when you hold down the Mic icon, do you see a blue "LED" icon on the camera window?

Answers:
yes, its clicked On for "Enable Audio Capture" and I have it for Microphone Realtek High Definition and audio output is "Unspecified". On the android, I just click on the mic and it turns green (not blue). And then I talk into the phone and I get nothing out of the camera. Doesn’t matter if it is thru the LAN/Wan connection or the 4G cell. In BlueIris, camera is configured as Foscam and looks correct on the Video/Network IP page.

Any suggestions here?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Have the latest version of Blue Iris and using Foscam PTZ cameras. When I use the Blueiris Android software and speak thru my Android phone, I can’t hear the audio coming thru any of the cameras. If someone is talking in front of one of the cameras, I can hear them thru my phone. When I go thru Internet Explorer on my local laptop, and I use Foscam's interface, I can talk thru the camera just fine (I can hear my voice coming thru the camera), its just not working thru BlueIris. This is true for all cameras I have.

Here is some troubleshooting although I dont think this was going the right direction:
Questions: On Options/Audio, have you configured the microphone, and made sure that the audio output is left as "unspecified"
When talking on the camera, when you hold down the Mic icon, do you see a blue "LED" icon on the camera window?

Answers:
yes, its clicked On for "Enable Audio Capture" and I have it for Microphone Realtek High Definition and audio output is "Unspecified". On the android, I just click on the mic and it turns green (not blue). And then I talk into the phone and I get nothing out of the camera. Doesn’t matter if it is thru the LAN/Wan connection or the 4G cell. In BlueIris, camera is configured as Foscam and looks correct on the Video/Network IP page.

Any suggestions here?
what are the audio settings in the cameras properties audio tab

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I guess my thought is that the local IP addresses could changed if I had a power outage. I have all my cameras setup that way. But I just looked in my router and I actually have these all setup as Static IP... So go ahead and change them? Thoughts?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I guess my thought is that the local IP addresses could changed if I had a power outage. I have all my cameras setup that way. But I just looked in my router and I actually have these all setup as Static IP... So go ahead and change them? Thoughts?
No, you need to setup dhcp reservation or static ip in the router..it will never change...use the local ip...if you are port forwarding the cameras, disable it..its a huge security hole...

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I changed all of these to their local IPs and everything is working well. But when I turn off port forwarding, I cant access the cameras from my cell phone on a 4G connection. What actually does need port forwarded? Does the server itself?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
So I changed all of these to their local IPs and everything is working well. But when I turn off port forwarding, I cant access the cameras from my cell phone on a 4G connection. What actually does need port forwarded? Does the server itself?
You should be using the blue iris webserver..you will only need to forward a single port. Or to be more secure you can setup a vpn..but forwarding any camera, particularly foscam is a big no no...
try disabling "enable audio capture"

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
But if I disable audio capture does that mean it wont record audio from the cameras?

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Still no joy. I tried both the WIFI connection and the 4G on my Android Note 4 Samsung phone. No voice coming thru camera

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
try checking/unchecking use rtsp backchannel for audio...also try using find inspect and have blue iris pull the onvif profile

Michael James

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Different audio codec options? Are you talking inside the Blue Iris software or thru the native Foscam interface?
I already did the find inspect/find: no luck
RTSP backchannel is greyed out? (see attached)Capture10.JPG