Audio Noise for all cameras

c27

n3wb
Reaction score
I have several cameras consisting of 2-4 each of the following DCS-930, 923, 942 and Foscam 9821w V2

When I click to listen to audio on any of them, there is a lot of background noise which sounds like audio being processed at the wrong bitrate (or depth). I have done some development with processing the audio from my 930l camera and it sounds just like when I initially had these values set wrong. It may be something else but that is what I suspect.

However, I can sometimes hear the audio by the camera but the noise drowns almost complete drowns it out. There is a lot of "echo" in the sound. Closing a door makes a few clicks rather than one.

Also, the noise will not stop until I close BI's UI or reset the audio device. One odd thing I noticed is that if I reset the audio device (which stops the sound) and then go uncheck the "Play Live Audio" option, the sound starts again and won't stop.

I have tried multiple audio devices (built in and a usb headset) and they all do the same thing.

I would appreciate any help or tips in getting this to work. Having working audio (especially for my outside cameras) is important and is one of the reasons I bought blue iris (to manage it all from one place).

btw: I can login to the local sites of these camera and enable audio there and it works fine using their ActiveX control.

CameraSetting-930L.jpg