Audio in Live Mode, but Not When Recording on Multiple Camera Models

Reaction score
System: Windows w/ AMD processor
BI Release: Upgraded to 5.5.3.7 tonight to see if it would fix the problem. Previously running latest stable release.

I am able to monitor live audio fine. The problem is happening with Amcrest and IPC-T5442TM cameras. Some work fine though and the setting appear to be the same.
Screenshots of my settings for BI and the camera are attached.

Email to: support@blueirissoftware.com

Support data:
Version: Release 5.5.3.7 x64 (12/3/2021)
Service: Yes [LocalSystem]

CPU: AMD A10-5700 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics [22%]
RAM: 556.6M/11.4G
Clips: 1639 items, 337.2G/3.03T
Storage: C: +73.0G, D: +725.7G

Attachments

edirol

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the IPC-T5442T-ZE cameras and just noticed this issue today as well, while troubleshooting another issue.

Symptom:
Live view in BI, will have audio, however there's no audio at all in the BVR file.

Cause:
For me, this issue occurs when the "pre-trigger video buffer" is disabled in the camera recording tab.

For reference the "other issue" I'm troubleshooting is audio lag (video is ahead of audio), which randomly occurs whenever a new BVR file is cut. From my testing, the initial X seconds of of a BVR file are silent, and the audio is shifted X seconds corresponding to the "pre-trigger video buffer" length. The unusual aspect is that this occurs randomly. A BVR can be in sync before the BVR is cut, and the next file is out of sync.

I've opened a support case with BI already and provided sample BVRs.