Are cable "glands" from different mfrs inter-mateable?

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a bunch of Reolink cameras, one Amcrest cameras, and one dead Microseven camera. I just mated a Reolink cable end to the Amcrest camera end, and that worked, so they're compatible.

My ancient Microseven camera doesn't even have a gland.

What other gland brands do y'all have, and which ones inter-mate?

It would be good to know this before I go up the ladder to replace a camera!

p.s. who came up with "gland" as the word for this? Is that just some horrible translation from a Chinese manual?

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
Take a look at post #11 in this thread for some that mated with my Dahua camera cable ends.
What are these cable/RJ45 cover things called and where can I buy more?
Note that there are different diameters, and there's a newer version you can look for that has a bigger hole and split washer allowing you to put the thingies on and off with the RJ45 connector attached. I was able to find the thingies on ebay and/or amazon with much higher prices. I don't know who came up with "gland", but i does seem to be an English language term. From wikipedia:
A cable gland (more often known in the U.S. as a cord grip, cable strain relief, cable connector or cable fitting) is a device designed to attach and secure the end of an electrical cable to the equipment.

TheWaterbug

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Take a look at post #11 in this thread for some that mated with my Dahua camera cable ends.
What are these cable/RJ45 cover things called and where can I buy more?
Note that there are different diameters, and there's a newer version you can look for that has a bigger hole and split washer allowing you to put the thingies on and off with the RJ45 connector attached. I was able to find the thingies on ebay and/or amazon with much higher prices. I don't know who came up with "gland", but i does seem to be an English language term. From wikipedia:
A cable gland (more often known in the U.S. as a cord grip, cable strain relief, cable connector or cable fitting) is a device designed to attach and secure the end of an electrical cable to the equipment.
Ah, I'd love to find a pack of the type that will allow an RJ45 to pass through.