Are alerts re-generated when 'Test run video through motion detector' is run ?

ccaru

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello,

I am wondering whether anybody can help me on this. I should be researching on my own but I have a critical event I need to find from many hours of footage which will take me forever unless I find a good solution quickly.

I had a camera for which the original motion detector settings were not sensitive enough to capture a critical event that happened at some point in the last couple of days. I need to re-run all my clips to figure out when this event happened.

I would like to understand two points:

If I switch on Test run video through motion detector and re-run my clips, using a more sensitive setting on the motion detector, would new alerts be recorded and will they show on my timeline?
If I run this via an accelerated playback (e.g. 64x - which would be too fast to detect this event just by looking at it) will Blue Iris assume the accelerated playback is 'normal' at that speed (e.g. if the "make time" option is set to 1 second and i play at 64x then would this correspond to the original speed or to the 64x (and hence miss the motion) ?

Failing the above, does anybody know of a way to do this even if outside Blue Iris? It's quite urgent.

Thank you

ccaru

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Pity as it would have saved many hours of work this weekend! I wonder if there is any third party software out there into which you could feed an exported clip and let it do the analysis. It is a shame that BI can't handle it though since all the tech is in there.