Are 2MP turrets still the standard for backyards?

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm wanting to replace an Axis dome in my backyard. Needing IR since it isn't well lit at night back there. What are the popular Dahua 2MP turrets for this application? I'm assuming 2MP is still the recommendation and not 4MP?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm wanting to replace an Axis dome in my backyard. Needing IR since it isn't well lit at night back there. What are the popular Dahua 2MP turrets for this application? I'm assuming 2MP is still the recommendation and not 4MP?
There are new 4mp starlights with large 1/1.8 sensors see threads on 5442.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Great. I'll check it out. Dahua has so many damn cameras its hard to keep up!

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Got a quote request in for Andy on the IPC-T5442TM-AS.

This will be the second Dahua camera I've bought where I've actually pocketed extra from selling a higher priced Axis to fund a new Dahua. Its amazing how overpriced Axis is and underpowered.

Reaction score
Got a quote request in for Andy on the IPC-T5442TM-AS.

This will be the second Dahua camera I've bought where I've actually pocketed extra from selling a higher priced Axis to fund a new Dahua. Its amazing how overpriced Axis is and underpowered.
Have him give you a quote for the ipc-t5442tm-LED, Same camera but this one has an LED if you need it for a low light area at night. Be sure to check out the review on these as well.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
Have him give you a quote for the ipc-t5442tm-LED, Same camera but this one has an LED if you need it for a low light area at night. Be sure to check out the review on these as well.
Thanks for the tip. It is dark back there but my wife would kill me if I kept lights on in the backyard all night! IR will probably have to do.

I'm running an older Axis dome there now and the IR lights bounce off the inside of the dome making the image look like shit. Here is an example from last night:

A 5224 will be a big step up!