Archived files all show same modified date

Panda Jerk

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a simple tiered storage solution - new recordings save to local storage, then archive off to a USB-attached HDD. When the file sits on the local HDD the date modified matches the .bvr filename. When the housekeeping runs to archive it to the USB HDD the date modified changes all files to a new date. This date matches the timestamp of the last time I forced DB repair/regenerate.

To test:
  1. I opened the local HDD <F:> and USB HDD <X:> side by side in explorer, then overlayed those over the Messages window
  2. Ran manual DB repair/regenerate at 12:10pm
  3. Waited for housekeeping to trigger file archiving
  4. At 12:45 it fired, copying a 225MB file from F: to X:
  5. In explorer on the X: drive the date modified was 12:45 - briefly - then suddenly changed to 12:10 matching the last maintenance time
  6. From here forward all following files that archive have that same timestamp - 12:10 today
The trigger that moved the top file shown below at 12:45p but was restamped to 12:10p

What was saved. To be clear - I manually ran DB maintenance at 10:36 on 7/22 and also at 11:26 on 7/21 which is how I noticed the issue.

The file is not leaving the BI server. Any thoughts why this could be rewritten to a static time and date that matces the last DB repair?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
First off, moving to a USB drive is asking for trouble, its not advised.
All drives should be installed, in the BI machine, or attached only by eSATA externally.
Post screen shots of your video folder settings.
And combine and cut settings.

Panda Jerk

n3wb
Reaction score
Sure, I realize that. It's a temp solution until I rework a recent storage challenge. I suppose I could shuck the drive.... I also deleted clips.dat and rebuilt from scratch.... same issue but new timestamp

Are these what you are talking about?

I don't know what combine and cut means...

Panda Jerk

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you identified from my posts something I have set incorrectly? This is a server that's been in service FOR YEARS, and not until recently when I had to rework the storage did this issue present itself. And the issue is replicable.

InTheAir17

n3wb
Reaction score
In Windows Explorer column header right-click and add 'Date Created', that should show the actual date time the file was created not the time it was moved. Does that help?