Anyone seen this error before? "FORCE quitting CGadSocket thread"

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
When I initially upgraded to 7.12 a couple weeks ago, I noticed that a few of my cameras had frozen images (first image after restarting service). If I disabled global hardware acceleration (under main settings) they all worked. Or, if leaving it on (set to Intel) and disabled HW acceleration under the affected cameras, it fixed the problem as well. Not wanting to increase CPU cycles, I simply rolled back to the (at the time) latest stable release (6.?) and no issues with all cams set to HWA.

Tonight, I attempted to go to the latest 8.x, thinking maybe this issue was resolved, and unfortunately the problem returned. This time, I did some poking in the logs. What is particularly interesting is the disconnect between the dynamic log shown on the status page on the console:

1590292516323.png

And the text log:

1590292541885.png

While both should represent the same information, clearly the entries that deal with my frozen cameras are completely missing from the text log.

In any case, the error "FORCE quitting CGadSocket thread" draws a blank here on the forum's search.

I've sent an email to Ken, but was hopeful this is something familiar to others here...

ACSmith

n3wb
Reaction score
I have been getting this error as well. Once it appears in the logs, Blue Iris quits recording until I relaunch the program.

m_listed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Still happening on the latest. Every week so. It’s a silent failure too, so I don’t get any Watchdog alerts. I open the app once in a while and find out it’s force quit CGadSocket, whatever that is, several days ago and hasn’t recorded or seen anything since.

ACSmith

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes. I updated a few days ago and now the problem has resurfaced.

cferd5

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Windows just updated the graphics driver and now I'm seeing this same "FORCE quitting..." error with no signal on 5 cameras.

Edit: I temporarily got everything working by turning OFF hardware acceleration for each camera.

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

cferd5

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks. I've never disabled automatic updates because I like giving the new drivers a chance to work. Besides, I have the original driver saved in case something goes wrong with the roll back.

Also, while playing with the settings, I learned that HA no longer saves any CPU usage, so I currently have it set to NO.

ACSmith

n3wb
Reaction score
My machine is running on a server 2019 VM. Blueiris failed just now. I'm running 5.3.1.1. Hardware accelerated decode is set to No. The process never terminates, It just drops to 2% so bitools never attempts to restart it.

m_listed

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah, still happening. I haven’t updated the graphics driver in a long time, so it’s not that. The service doesn’t even stop properly. Losing days of recordings at a time. :/

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I've started getting this since yesterday. Nothing has changed on my system for weeks, noticed on Friday that BI hadn't recorded anything overnight, so logged in to check on Saturday morning and it just sort of started working. My son noticed yesterday afternoon that it wasn't recording, also this time couldn't connect to it via the mobile app also, so RDP'ed into it, noticed that BI was using 100% CPU so restarted the box, seemed to be fine afterwards.

Got the same thing this morning, couldn't connected via the mobile app, logged in via RDP, BI at 100% CPU usage, noticed the "FORCE quitting CGadSocket thread" in the log and that all the the cams were offline. So I stopped and restarted the BI service and that bought the back into life, I restarted straight afterwards as precaution.

Looked in the Event Logs and nothing in there at all and the BI service was running but I couldn't connect via the app and as I said above nothing has changed on the system at all, so pretty strange. I even logged onto the POE switch to check of there were any errors recorded on it and nothing. Also the cams, I could directly connect to and the streams were running.

So I think for whatever reason BI thinks the cams are offline and then it runs away until it uses all the CPU time and then must internally just crash, that's all that I can think of. no idea why it fails to restore the stream, complete mystery but I'll keep digging.

eladbar

n3wb
Reaction score
Since yesterday I have 6 errors for 2/16 camera that I'm using,
BI Version: 5.3.2.9

the weird thing is that I have INFO messages in event log for BlueIris crash that the version mentioned over there is 5.3.2.8,
Seems like the version was not build correctly...
Below is the crash log from Event Viewer and BlueIris.exe version:
Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: BlueIris.exe
P2: 5.3.2.8
P3: 5f5fc252
P4: StackHash_3d10
P5: 10.0.19041.488
P6: 70e69bad
P7: c0000374
P8: PCH_E7_FROM_ntdll+0x000000000009C914

1600591059744.png

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I found this thread in a search. You guys are over my head as I'm not (didn't wish to be) a beta tester, but I'm having issues directly matching some described in this thread. I'm running 5.3.2.3 and about to pull my hair out. I'll toss my logfile here just in case it is useful to you guys.
*error FORCE quitting CGadSocket thread and
*error Plate: error 80002ee7

Attachments

Last edited:

tech101

Known around here
Reaction score
These errors recently started happening to me as well multiple cams randomly does this. When this happens camera are also missing footage for those few secs or skipping not sure why this is happening either.

1607889155437.png

I am on BI version 1607889198213.png

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score