Any way to hide camera when inactive?

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Using geofencing to turn off an indoor camera upon entry. It's working great, but leaves the frame for that camera on the display (greyed out and it says "Inactive") and I'd prefer to not waste the space. I thought I could hide that one camera when that profile is activated, but that's not an option. Any way to get that "inactive" camera off the screen? I don't want to hide it when it's active.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Using geofencing to turn off an indoor camera upon entry. It's working great, but leaves the frame for that camera on the display (greyed out and it says "Inactive") and I'd prefer to not waste the space. I thought I could hide that one camera when that profile is activated, but that's not an option. Any way to get that "inactive" camera off the screen? I don't want to hide it when it's active.
yes...camera properties>schedule...uncheck continue to display while inactive

fbnoise

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I found that and it was already unchecked (I must have done that), but I also found this method: right click in the empty space around cameras > Hide inactive cameras without video. I checked that option and it works!

The effort the developer has put forth to add customization options for just about anything you can think of boggles my mind.

Reaction score
The steps above work great if I RDP to the server and use the actual BI app,

But how can I do exactly this but with the HTML5 and Mobile app?