Any ideas for integrating Ezviz DB1C doorbell with Home Assistant?

itm

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a DB1C video doorbell with the Ezviz wireless chime. The wireless chime is far too quiet, so we often don't hear it (we have a 3-storey house).
I was thinking about getting a separate hard-wired chime for the DB1C, and then wondered whether it would be possible to integrate it with my Home Assistant system - e.g. for doorbell presses to trigger a HA script which plays a chime on the media players around the house.
Does anyone have any idea how this might be done, and/or can recommend a decent chime and transformer for use with the DB1C?

David L

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a DB1C video doorbell with the Ezviz wireless chime. The wireless chime is far too quiet, so we often don't hear it (we have a 3-storey house).
I was thinking about getting a separate hard-wired chime for the DB1C, and then wondered whether it would be possible to integrate it with my Home Assistant system - e.g. for doorbell presses to trigger a HA script which plays a chime on the media players around the house.
Does anyone have any idea how this might be done, and/or can recommend a decent chime and transformer for use with the DB1C?
You may find some help with our Doorbell 101

Also here is a good Thread to ask your question on: