Any 4k cameras come with a lifetime of free cloud service that goes back recordings of 2weeks-1month

HouseUser

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I am looking for a home security camera that has these perks:
-4k resolution outdoors
-either a lifetime of 2 weeks-1 month playback of free cloud storage service OR allows recordings to be automatically downloaded to a home harddrive

I just dont want to pay monthly for monthly cloud-service so can you guys recommend any specific models/brands that give free monthly cloud service for its 4k outdoor cameras?

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Cloud services (a.k.a. someone else's hard drives across the Internet) aren't cheap, so I don't think you're going to find a reputable company that's giving away a month's worth of service.

Most folks here don't mess with the consumer-grade offerings (inc cloud recording) and instead have built their own camera systems from the ground up, to include a NVR (or PC running Blue Iris software) to keep all of their recordings in home.

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello, I am looking for a home security camera that has these perks:
-4k resolution outdoors
-either a lifetime of 2 weeks-1 month playback of free cloud storage service OR allows recordings to be automatically downloaded to a home harddrive

I just dont want to pay monthly for monthly cloud-service so can you guys recommend any specific models/brands that give free monthly cloud service for its 4k outdoor cameras?
Welcome @HouseUser

What sort of bandwidth would that "4K" camera require if it was actually recording in the best resolution?

How much storage would 1 month of video be?

How much upstream bandwidth does your internet service provide? Do you have a cap?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Please read the cliff notes and other items in the wiki. The wiki is in the blue bar at the top of the page.

Read How to Secure Your Network (Don't Get Hacked!) in the wiki also.

Use Dahua starlight cameras or Hikvision darkfighter cameras or ICPT Night eye cameras (https://store.ipcamtalk.com/) if you need good low light cameras.

Do not use wifi cameras.

Read,study,plan before spending money ..... plan plan plan

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Didn’t realise I needed a cap? I’ve got one with NY but am currently wearing my BMW F1 baseball cap