Anti aliasing on main screen video feeds?

Javier

n3wb
Reaction score
Does any one know if there is an option to anti alias the video feeds on the main screen?

I have noticed the feeds look very pixelated but when I click camera properties there is a preview that is properly anti aliased.

Has anyone else noticed this?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Does any one know if there is an option to anti alias the video feeds on the main screen?

I have noticed the feeds look very pixelated but when I click camera properties there is a preview that is properly anti aliased.

Has anyone else noticed this?
The image is the same in both...post a screenshot

Javier

n3wb
Reaction score
Your bitrate is low, try increasing it and see if the larger image improves.
Already increased to 1 MB/s ( 8 mbps) CBR and the same thing. Full screen the video looks better, the problem is when reducing the size of it on the main screen. The video feed is 4MP.

Javier

n3wb
Reaction score
what camera is this?
One is a Dahua 30X ptz 2MP , another is Dahua 4x PTZ 2MP , also running Dahua domes 4MP, and a Dahua bullets 4MP and some Foscam 1MP cameras with the same effect. Jagged edges as a result of no anti aliasing.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
One is a Dahua 30X ptz 2MP , another is Dahua 4x PTZ 2MP , also running Dahua domes 4MP, and a Dahua bullets 4MP and some Foscam 1MP cameras with the same effect. Jagged edges as a result of no anti aliasing.
The image you are seeing is not normal....something else is going on....blue iris does not alter the image as it comes from the camera...there is no "Anti alias" feature or a need for it..

Javier

n3wb
Reaction score
The image you are seeing is not normal....something else is going on....blue iris does not alter the image as it comes from the camera...there is no "Anti alias" feature or a need for it..
On my phone the video looks perfect. The problem is in BI main interface and also in the web viewer. Even when viewing from another computer the image looks aliased when small.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
On my phone the video looks perfect. The problem is in BI main interface and also in the web viewer. Even when viewing from another computer the image looks aliased when small.
once again, something is wrong with your setup...it is not normal. There is NO anti aliasing option in any vms software...its not needed.

wildtable

n3wb
Reaction score
Bumping this old thread because I just experienced this issue with aliased video in the main BI interface in v5.5.x and figured out the fix:

Go to general settings, Other tab, and change Scaling from Fast to Bicubic.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Bumping this old thread because I just experienced this issue with aliased video in the main BI interface in v5.5.x and figured out the fix:

Go to general settings, Other tab, and change Scaling from Fast to Bicubic.
note that doing this increases cpu consumption.